jeph jerman
In Boston, there was a lovely Jeph Jerman/Bunny duo. Clacking of bleached bones accompanied by clacking of rabbit claws on the floor as the little guy decided to check out the show... he crept up during Jeph's solo, sniffing the air and cocking his ears foward (such a dramatic little guy). Heck, I didn't know I had avant-garde pets! Cool. And Bunny didn't sound terribly different from what Jeph was doing, anyway.
If anyone from this list was at my house, I hope that everyone felt comfortable. I know that it was tough for some people to see, but now we know how to do it differently if this happens again. It may not, though... we don't want our house to become a venue. Anyway, if you came because of this message-board and we didn't have the chance to meet, please contact me off-list to say hello.
If anyone from this list was at my house, I hope that everyone felt comfortable. I know that it was tough for some people to see, but now we know how to do it differently if this happens again. It may not, though... we don't want our house to become a venue. Anyway, if you came because of this message-board and we didn't have the chance to meet, please contact me off-list to say hello.
- joeperucki
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:58 pm
- Location: Philadelphia Area
Re: jeph jerman
I just found Jeph's music. I am completely digging "Red, Water" with Doug Theriault. Any recommendations of his music that contains both pure field recordings and manipulations of those pure sounds? Thanks.
Re: jeph jerman
One month with Jeph Jerman by Richard
and
my fav jeph jerman recordings are. . . . .
Harvester Ants - March 24th, 2001
Greg Davis - Jeph Jerman - Albert Casais - 6 x 20
Greg Davis & Jeph Jerman - Ku

and
my fav jeph jerman recordings are. . . . .
Harvester Ants - March 24th, 2001
Greg Davis - Jeph Jerman - Albert Casais - 6 x 20
Greg Davis & Jeph Jerman - Ku

No work tomorrow to work today.
Re: jeph jerman
little enjoyer is in process of releasing a cassette of jeph's titled.. cassette.
from jeph "a limited edition tape of no-fi drones and noise, recorded entirely on old cassette recorders found in thrift stores"
images:: http://www.flickr.com/photos/middlepres ... 631423676/
from jeph "a limited edition tape of no-fi drones and noise, recorded entirely on old cassette recorders found in thrift stores"
images:: http://www.flickr.com/photos/middlepres ... 631423676/
Re: jeph jerman
Just wanted to mention, quickly, that Jeph recently started a flickr page and is adding pics frequently:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/azanimist/
I've listened to his work for 15 years, seen him perform a number of times, and visited his studio but still know so little about what he does and how he does it...these pics tell at least a bit more of that story, from the late 80s on.
Also, Jeph's photography in general is beautiful, especially if you love desert imagery.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/azanimist/
I've listened to his work for 15 years, seen him perform a number of times, and visited his studio but still know so little about what he does and how he does it...these pics tell at least a bit more of that story, from the late 80s on.
Also, Jeph's photography in general is beautiful, especially if you love desert imagery.
Re: jeph jerman
I was about to bump this thread myself, to let people know that I'm now distro-ing some of Jeph's stuff. five titles listed today, more in the future if the interest is there...
Re: jeph jerman

Jeph Jerman and Doug Theriault - Tathata
Admittedly I have only heard a few of his recordings, of which Cottonwood, Arizona is probably my favorite, but this one may better it. Released on russian label nitkie
Re: jeph jerman
jeph jerman - arrastre LP/CD
http://twitpic.com/3veerw
http://twitpic.com/3veerw
No work tomorrow to work today.
Re: jeph jerman
Jeph is brilliant. Please excuse the personal note but, for what it's worth (I fully realize that few people here even know who I am), he's been probably the single most important influence on me, musically. Without his encouragement, I don't know if I would even still be doing this.
Here's album that he made with Bob Blaize and aslis. I played guitar and banana leaves on one track: http://owleater.wordpress.com/2010/11/1 ... olyphemus/
Here's album that he made with Bob Blaize and aslis. I played guitar and banana leaves on one track: http://owleater.wordpress.com/2010/11/1 ... olyphemus/
Re: jeph jerman
I have copies of Arrastre (LP/CD-R combined version, not cassette) and Tathata in stock now, also Roadwork.

