jeph jerman

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

diederich
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by diederich »

thanks for the report. sounds amazing.

stelzer
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Post by stelzer »

In Boston, there was a lovely Jeph Jerman/Bunny duo. Clacking of bleached bones accompanied by clacking of rabbit claws on the floor as the little guy decided to check out the show... he crept up during Jeph's solo, sniffing the air and cocking his ears foward (such a dramatic little guy). Heck, I didn't know I had avant-garde pets! Cool. And Bunny didn't sound terribly different from what Jeph was doing, anyway.

If anyone from this list was at my house, I hope that everyone felt comfortable. I know that it was tough for some people to see, but now we know how to do it differently if this happens again. It may not, though... we don't want our house to become a venue. Anyway, if you came because of this message-board and we didn't have the chance to meet, please contact me off-list to say hello.

bobuffs
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by bobuffs »

Image
Just listening to this and, man, surprised that I dig Hal's track more than Jeph's. Both are quite good, though. Also, for anyone intersted in ordering this, Hal got mine out within 24 hours of payment.

User avatar
joeperucki
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:58 pm
Location: Philadelphia Area

Re: jeph jerman

Post by joeperucki »

I just found Jeph's music. I am completely digging "Red, Water" with Doug Theriault. Any recommendations of his music that contains both pure field recordings and manipulations of those pure sounds? Thanks.

User avatar
yonhosago
Posts: 972
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 1:30 pm

Re: jeph jerman

Post by yonhosago »

Soundhouse I.
classically trained

User avatar
Yii
Posts: 1847
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Paju, Korea
Contact:

Re: jeph jerman

Post by Yii »

No work tomorrow to work today.

User avatar
b-owen
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Location: brooklyn ny
Contact:

Re: jeph jerman

Post by b-owen »

little enjoyer is in process of releasing a cassette of jeph's titled.. cassette.
from jeph "a limited edition tape of no-fi drones and noise, recorded entirely on old cassette recorders found in thrift stores"
images:: http://www.flickr.com/photos/middlepres ... 631423676/

bobuffs
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Re: jeph jerman

Post by bobuffs »

Just wanted to mention, quickly, that Jeph recently started a flickr page and is adding pics frequently:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/azanimist/

I've listened to his work for 15 years, seen him perform a number of times, and visited his studio but still know so little about what he does and how he does it...these pics tell at least a bit more of that story, from the late 80s on.

Also, Jeph's photography in general is beautiful, especially if you love desert imagery.

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: jeph jerman

Post by jon abbey »

I was about to bump this thread myself, to let people know that I'm now distro-ing some of Jeph's stuff. five titles listed today, more in the future if the interest is there...

User avatar
bedouin
Posts: 999
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 10:49 pm

Re: jeph jerman

Post by bedouin »

Image
Jeph Jerman and Doug Theriault - Tathata

Admittedly I have only heard a few of his recordings, of which Cottonwood, Arizona is probably my favorite, but this one may better it. Released on russian label nitkie

User avatar
Yii
Posts: 1847
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Paju, Korea
Contact:

Re: jeph jerman

Post by Yii »

jeph jerman - arrastre LP/CD
http://twitpic.com/3veerw
No work tomorrow to work today.

User avatar
johnson
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:43 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: jeph jerman

Post by johnson »

Jeph is brilliant. Please excuse the personal note but, for what it's worth (I fully realize that few people here even know who I am), he's been probably the single most important influence on me, musically. Without his encouragement, I don't know if I would even still be doing this.

Here's album that he made with Bob Blaize and aslis. I played guitar and banana leaves on one track: http://owleater.wordpress.com/2010/11/1 ... olyphemus/

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: jeph jerman

Post by jon abbey »

I have copies of Arrastre (LP/CD-R combined version, not cassette) and Tathata in stock now, also Roadwork.