I love the title track on that CD, but the rest of it leaves me cold. I don't really see any connection to Feldman though.Dohol wrote:
George Cacioppo..Advance of Fungi.
The Feldman thread had me digging this one out. Cacioppo is very underrated as a composer. This recording is the best and most easily available of his stuff ( you can buy the mp3 from Amazon )..it's worth a listen.
what are you listening to? a new dawn
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn
"Please everybody, if we haven't done what we could have done, we've tried"
- Dohol
- Posts: 2885
- Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:47 pm
- Location: In the heart of the evil empire..
- Contact:
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn
hatta wrote:I love the title track on that CD, but the rest of it leaves me cold. I don't really see any connection to Feldman though.Dohol wrote:
George Cacioppo..Advance of Fungi.
The Feldman thread had me digging this one out. Cacioppo is very underrated as a composer. This recording is the best and most easily available of his stuff ( you can buy the mp3 from Amazon )..it's worth a listen.
Not much of a connection at all.. In the Feldman thread I mentioned my first exposure to Feldman was hearing Rothko Chapel on Cacioppo's old radio show on WUOM ( University of Michigan's station ) That's all...Cacioppo did play a lot of Feldman though..
Why did it leave you cold?
“In a kind of middle-aged crisis, it dawned upon me that there was a possibility that music might not even be an art form.”
Morton Feldman
http://soundcloud.com/doug-holbrook
Morton Feldman
http://soundcloud.com/doug-holbrook
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

De Profundis
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn
Christian Clozier and Jacques Lejeune - Dichotomie, Lettre a une Demoiselle, D'Une Multitude en Fete, Petite Suite

Then I've started on this collection I found:
Edith CANAT de CHIZY (1950-)
A portrait
01 Yell (1985)(17:07)
02 Lands Away (1999) (14:08) [aka Immensité]
03 Kyoran (1987) (14:57) [cuts in]
04 Alphaï (1993) (8:58)
05-06 Suites, d'après Lorca (1987) (10:30)
07 Hallel (1991) (13:51)
08 Exultet (Concerto pour violon) (1995)(16:04)
09 Les rayons du jour (Concerto pour alto) (2004)(19:23)
10 Moïra (Concerto pour violoncelle) (1998) (20:52)
11 Omen (2006) (17:05)
Total : 2h30
b/c France Musique, 1993-2006
http://www.edithcanatdechizy.com
Then I've started on this collection I found:
Edith CANAT de CHIZY (1950-)
A portrait
01 Yell (1985)(17:07)
02 Lands Away (1999) (14:08) [aka Immensité]
03 Kyoran (1987) (14:57) [cuts in]
04 Alphaï (1993) (8:58)
05-06 Suites, d'après Lorca (1987) (10:30)
07 Hallel (1991) (13:51)
08 Exultet (Concerto pour violon) (1995)(16:04)
09 Les rayons du jour (Concerto pour alto) (2004)(19:23)
10 Moïra (Concerto pour violoncelle) (1998) (20:52)
11 Omen (2006) (17:05)
Total : 2h30
b/c France Musique, 1993-2006
http://www.edithcanatdechizy.com
-
nebulabore
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn
been listening to the new breeders quite a bit: mountain battles
- Discriminate
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 11:26 am
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Anthony Pateras & Robin Fox - Flux Compendium (eMego)
This is a great one. Pateras has posted some cool live recordings of this material on his website:
http://www.anthonypateras.com/
nice!
- Salty Swift
- Posts: 1580
- Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:32 pm
- Location: in front of my laptop
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn


Surrender Dorothy - Cassandra

"A little older, a little more confused"
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Holy shit this record is wonderful. Miss Bozulich is a force to be reckoned with.
- Salty Swift
- Posts: 1580
- Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:32 pm
- Location: in front of my laptop
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn
Highly disturbing record indeed.diederich wrote:
Holy shit this record is wonderful. Miss Bozulich is a force to be reckoned with.
I find it difficult to listen to it all the way through....
"A little older, a little more confused"
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn
Yeah, wonderful wasn't quite right. I absolutely love it though.
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

I'll put in a word for the pacing and length of this one, nicely plotted.
http://crowwithnomouth.wordpress.com/
Experimental music should be something that suggests a way of organizing your thinking, your attitude toward the world, which suggests that the world could be different.
Christian Wolff 2014
Experimental music should be something that suggests a way of organizing your thinking, your attitude toward the world, which suggests that the world could be different.
Christian Wolff 2014
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn
.
- Attachments
-
- 414G77XR63L._SS500_.jpg (31.71 KiB) Viewed 2262 times
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Tetuzi Akiyama - Aquarius Records (02/10/2008)
live cassette recording
can be found here http://www.rootstrata.com/rootblog/?p=38
Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn
J.F. wrote:np:
King Crimson show from 1984 ("Indiscipline" right now). I was able to join DimeaDozen a while ago, and now I'm doomed.
I joined 4 years ago (I think) and I have a still rapidly growing filling cabinet of DVD-Rs to listen to. An overwhelming back log...ugggh!






