what are you listening to? a new dawn

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

Locked
User avatar
hatta
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 11:22 pm
Contact:

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by hatta »

Dohol wrote:Image

George Cacioppo..Advance of Fungi.

The Feldman thread had me digging this one out. Cacioppo is very underrated as a composer. This recording is the best and most easily available of his stuff ( you can buy the mp3 from Amazon )..it's worth a listen.
I love the title track on that CD, but the rest of it leaves me cold. I don't really see any connection to Feldman though.
"Please everybody, if we haven't done what we could have done, we've tried"

User avatar
Dohol
Posts: 2885
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:47 pm
Location: In the heart of the evil empire..
Contact:

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by Dohol »

hatta wrote:
Dohol wrote:Image

George Cacioppo..Advance of Fungi.

The Feldman thread had me digging this one out. Cacioppo is very underrated as a composer. This recording is the best and most easily available of his stuff ( you can buy the mp3 from Amazon )..it's worth a listen.
I love the title track on that CD, but the rest of it leaves me cold. I don't really see any connection to Feldman though.

Not much of a connection at all.. In the Feldman thread I mentioned my first exposure to Feldman was hearing Rothko Chapel on Cacioppo's old radio show on WUOM ( University of Michigan's station ) That's all...Cacioppo did play a lot of Feldman though..


Why did it leave you cold?
“In a kind of middle-aged crisis, it dawned upon me that there was a possibility that music might not even be an art form.”

Morton Feldman


http://soundcloud.com/doug-holbrook

User avatar
surfer
Posts: 6654
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 10:47 pm
Location: Santa Cruz

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by surfer »

Image

De Profundis

User avatar
7/4
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 9:32 pm
Contact:

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by 7/4 »

Christian Clozier and Jacques Lejeune - Dichotomie, Lettre a une Demoiselle, D'Une Multitude en Fete, Petite Suite

:idea:

Then I've started on this collection I found:

Edith CANAT de CHIZY (1950-)
A portrait


01 Yell (1985)(17:07)
02 Lands Away (1999) (14:08) [aka Immensité]
03 Kyoran (1987) (14:57) [cuts in]
04 Alphaï (1993) (8:58)
05-06 Suites, d'après Lorca (1987) (10:30)
07 Hallel (1991) (13:51)

08 Exultet (Concerto pour violon) (1995)(16:04)
09 Les rayons du jour (Concerto pour alto) (2004)(19:23)
10 Moïra (Concerto pour violoncelle) (1998) (20:52)
11 Omen (2006) (17:05)

Total : 2h30
b/c France Musique, 1993-2006

http://www.edithcanatdechizy.com

nebulabore

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by nebulabore »

been listening to the new breeders quite a bit: mountain battles

User avatar
niwi
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 8:06 pm
Location: austin
Contact:

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by niwi »

Image

User avatar
Snow Dog
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 5:00 am

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by Snow Dog »

Image
No Boundaries!

User avatar
niwi
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 8:06 pm
Location: austin
Contact:

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by niwi »

Image

User avatar
Discriminate
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 11:26 am

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by Discriminate »

Image

Anthony Pateras & Robin Fox - Flux Compendium (eMego)

This is a great one. Pateras has posted some cool live recordings of this material on his website:
http://www.anthonypateras.com/

nice!

User avatar
Salty Swift
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:32 pm
Location: in front of my laptop

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by Salty Swift »

Image

Image

Surrender Dorothy - Cassandra

Image
"A little older, a little more confused"

User avatar
niwi
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 8:06 pm
Location: austin
Contact:

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by niwi »

Image

diederich
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 5:20 pm

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by diederich »

Image

Holy shit this record is wonderful. Miss Bozulich is a force to be reckoned with.

User avatar
Salty Swift
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:32 pm
Location: in front of my laptop

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by Salty Swift »

diederich wrote:Image

Holy shit this record is wonderful. Miss Bozulich is a force to be reckoned with.
Highly disturbing record indeed.
I find it difficult to listen to it all the way through....
"A little older, a little more confused"

diederich
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 5:20 pm

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by diederich »

Yeah, wonderful wasn't quite right. I absolutely love it though.

User avatar
Jesse
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by Jesse »

Image

I'll put in a word for the pacing and length of this one, nicely plotted.
http://crowwithnomouth.wordpress.com/

Experimental music should be something that suggests a way of organizing your thinking, your attitude toward the world, which suggests that the world could be different.
Christian Wolff 2014

User avatar
grisha
home and family entertainment
Posts: 2860
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Israel

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by grisha »

Image
I was going to be a neo-deconstructivist but mom wouldn't let me.
http://soundcloud.com/mites

User avatar
grisha
home and family entertainment
Posts: 2860
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Israel

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by grisha »

.
Attachments
414G77XR63L._SS500_.jpg
414G77XR63L._SS500_.jpg (31.71 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
I was going to be a neo-deconstructivist but mom wouldn't let me.
http://soundcloud.com/mites

User avatar
J.F.
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:41 am

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by J.F. »

Dohol wrote:Image
Yes!

Yes!



np:
King Crimson show from 1984 ("Indiscipline" right now). I was able to join DimeaDozen a while ago, and now I'm doomed.
. . . .

User avatar
b-owen
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Location: brooklyn ny
Contact:

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by b-owen »

Image
Tetuzi Akiyama - Aquarius Records (02/10/2008)
live cassette recording

can be found here http://www.rootstrata.com/rootblog/?p=38

User avatar
7/4
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 9:32 pm
Contact:

Re: what are you listening to? a new dawn

Post by 7/4 »

J.F. wrote:np:
King Crimson show from 1984 ("Indiscipline" right now). I was able to join DimeaDozen a while ago, and now I'm doomed.

I joined 4 years ago (I think) and I have a still rapidly growing filling cabinet of DVD-Rs to listen to. An overwhelming back log...ugggh!