Recent purchases redux

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

User avatar
cheerios
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by cheerios »

Psych-Funk 101 1958-1975: A Global Psychedelic Funk Curriculum
Image
"I'm not your baby's daddy, free love."

Jan Tomioka
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by Jan Tomioka »

Brendan Murray / Perispirit (Razors & Medicine/Semata Split LP & C22)
Otomo Yoshihide / Axel Dörner / Sachiko M / Martin Brandlmayr - Donaueschinger Musiktage 2005, allurements of the ellipsoid (Neos 2xSACD)
Vanessa Rossetto - Mineral Orange (Kye LP)

Used
Kevin Drumm - Land of Lurches (Hanson LP)
Crawl Unit - 1993 (Povertech Industries 10-inch)
Crawl Unit - Aftermusic (Povertech Industries CD)

User avatar
cheerios
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by cheerios »

Haven't reloaded the debit card yet, will do this weekend hopefully, so I've been keeping my purchases local, like buying my music at a local cd store. Here is what I got today:

Various Artists - Legends of Benin
Nobukazu Takemura - Hoshi No Koe
Shooting Spires - S-T
Black and White Piano - Vol 1 (1923-1931) (document records)
Brazilian Guitar Fuzz Banana - Tropicalia Psychedelic Masterpieces 1967-1976
"I'm not your baby's daddy, free love."

User avatar
grisha
home and family entertainment
Posts: 2860
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Israel

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by grisha »

Afflux - Bouquetot, Autoroute A13/Paris, Gare de Lyon/Port-Jerome, Raffinerie

Kurt Vonnegut - Breakfast of Champions
Italo Calvino - Adam, One Afternoon
Italo Calvino - Our Ancestors
Kate DiCamillo - The Magician's Elephant
I was going to be a neo-deconstructivist but mom wouldn't let me.
http://soundcloud.com/mites

User avatar
grisha
home and family entertainment
Posts: 2860
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Israel

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by grisha »

Image
I was going to be a neo-deconstructivist but mom wouldn't let me.
http://soundcloud.com/mites

User avatar
cheerios
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by cheerios »

On Vinyl:
Andrew Hill - One for One (2XLP)
George Crumb - Ancient Voices of Children
"I'm not your baby's daddy, free love."

User avatar
free math
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by free math »

vinyl from Jazz Record Mart

Image
Booker Little - Booker LIttle Quartet (1960)
So damn good.

Image
Ronald Shannon Jackson's Decoding Society - Eye On You (1980)
I think this was a will guthrie recommendation... or was it hennies?

Image
Charles Mingus - Oh Yeah! (1962)
w/ R.R. Kirk

User avatar
Paul C
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:56 am
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by Paul C »

John Bender - I don't remember now / I don't want to talk about it
Image

Repress of this, I guess unauthorized, it seems to be trickling out to a few distributors. I'm happy, it's been on the top of my want list for ages.

diederich
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 5:20 pm

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by diederich »

Vanessa Rossetto - Mineral Orange (FINALLY)
Hwaet
Taku Sugimoto - Musical Composition Series 1/2
Nick Hennies - Psalms

all from erstdist.

User avatar
sevenarts
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by sevenarts »

I just placed a post-Christmas ErstDist order too:

John Cage | Sonatas and Interludes for Prepared Piano
Cornelius Cardew | Piano Music 1957-1970
Takahiro Kawaguchi | n
Annette Krebs/Taku Sugimoto | A Duo In Berlin
Andrea Neumann | Pappelallee 5
Michael Pisaro | An Unrhymed Chord
Taku Sugimoto | Musical Composition Series 1/2
Taku Sugimoto/Burkhard Stangl/Christof Kurzmann | First concert, second take
Masahide Tokunaga | Alto Saxophone

User avatar
surfer
Posts: 6654
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 10:47 pm
Location: Santa Cruz

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by surfer »

diederich wrote:Vanessa Rossetto - Mineral Orange (FINALLY)
.
Is this sold out Jon? I dont see it listed.

Musical xmas gifts I received, all on vinyl:

V/A - The Rain Don't Fall On Me
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS

V/A - Mortika: Recordings From A Greek Underworld
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS

Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings - Naturally
Label: Dap-Tone

Ferran Fages - Lullaby for Lali
Label: Etude

V/A - Twenty Centuries Of Stony Sleep
Label: Rune Grammofon

User avatar
free math
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by free math »

surfer wrote:V/A - The Rain Don't Fall On Me
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS

V/A - Mortika: Recordings From A Greek Underworld
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS
Jealous, anyone know is there a good place to find their LPs online, or in chicago? Is the sound/mastering usually good?

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by jon abbey »

surfer wrote:
diederich wrote:Vanessa Rossetto - Mineral Orange (FINALLY)
.
Is this sold out Jon? I dont see it listed.
yep, BW grabbed my last one. Mimaroglu still had it, last I looked.

User avatar
Joda
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 8:39 am
Contact:

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by Joda »

free math wrote: Jealous, anyone know is there a good place to find their LPs online, or in chicago? Is the sound/mastering usually good?
Sound/mastering is as good as you could hope for, in most cases.

When you say online, I assume you mean to order right? Anyways, this blog here has some sound samples (and some DL links) for many of the more recent Mississippi releases, which is helpful when it comes to making decisions, since it's really hard to keep up with their output.

User avatar
Jesse
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by Jesse »

free math wrote:
surfer wrote:V/A - The Rain Don't Fall On Me
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS

V/A - Mortika: Recordings From A Greek Underworld
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS
Jealous, anyone know is there a good place to find their LPs online, or in chicago? Is the sound/mastering usually good?
Graham, did you hit the Fetus and/or Treehouse Records here? They carry a lot of Mississippi.
http://crowwithnomouth.wordpress.com/

Experimental music should be something that suggests a way of organizing your thinking, your attitude toward the world, which suggests that the world could be different.
Christian Wolff 2014

diederich
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 5:20 pm

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by diederich »

last of the christmas ordering, from mr. jrf

'sonata for clarinet & nodar' - Jez riley French/Joana Silva/Luis Costa
'canvas' - catherine kontz
'celebration' - julia holter

User avatar
surfer
Posts: 6654
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 10:47 pm
Location: Santa Cruz

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by surfer »

free math wrote:
surfer wrote:V/A - The Rain Don't Fall On Me
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS

V/A - Mortika: Recordings From A Greek Underworld
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS
Jealous, anyone know is there a good place to find their LPs online, or in chicago? Is the sound/mastering usually good?
Sound is good considering the sources. I bought these two at Streetlight Santa Cruz. I just got back from Streetlight San Jose, and I saw another copy of Rain Dont Fall On Me, as well as The Further The Flame The Worse It Burns Me (if I can scrape together the money I'm going to buy that tomorrow), Mata La Pena, Bongo Joe Coleman, and all the Michael Hurleys. So they do distribute them to local record stores. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who regularly trawls the vinyl Greek, various Blues, and various Africa stacks at Streetlight. :) So you might get lucky.

mudd
Site Admin
Posts: 4514
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:03 pm

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by mudd »

graham you can probably order those directly from the label, but they don't have a site. i'll PM you the contact info.

m

User avatar
cheerios
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by cheerios »

Jason Lescalleet - The Pilgrim
Ground Zero - Plays Standards
"I'm not your baby's daddy, free love."

nhennies
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:01 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Recent purchases redux

Post by nhennies »

Just picked up this Phillip Schulze 2xLP + CD box set:

http://www.phillip-schulze.de/Cause

If the sample track here is any indication then it's going to be one hell of a ride. Anyone heard of him before? Found this after a friend who got a review copy recommended it to me.

Return to “I Hate Music”