You Tube
Re: You Tube
Kukkaisrinsessa has posted a BBC Four documentary on Krautrock. It runs just short of an hour, and has some real treats: footage from the seventies and recent interviews with participants (and enthusiasts, such as Iggy Pop, shown drilling into a fruit while sitting in a hut...). Here is the intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B89-69icyc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B89-69icyc
Be stubborn. Be devoted to your craft. Give up while you're ahead!
(Advice from Jim Jones)
(Advice from Jim Jones)
Re: You Tube
MIMEO: Music In Movement Electronic Orchestra, live in Poland, 11/14/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRZ6aykj77c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRZ6aykj77c
Be stubborn. Be devoted to your craft. Give up while you're ahead!
(Advice from Jim Jones)
(Advice from Jim Jones)
Re: You Tube
Simon Nabatov playing one of Herbie Nichols' best compositions, I only wish he would've stayed chaste and ended with the trademark Nichols bookend vignette:
http://www.plushmusic.tv/channels/AP6/s ... chols.html
http://www.plushmusic.tv/channels/AP6/s ... chols.html
Re: You Tube
In case that someone is interested, it can be downloaded from megaupload.AKinCLE wrote:Kukkaisrinsessa has posted a BBC Four documentary on Krautrock. It runs just short of an hour, and has some real treats: footage from the seventies and recent interviews with participants (and enthusiasts, such as Iggy Pop, shown drilling into a fruit while sitting in a hut...). Here is the intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B89-69icyc
There's also a BBC Four documentary on Synth-pop that can also be downloaded from megaupload.
Re: You Tube
this is really great!AKinCLE wrote:Kukkaisrinsessa has posted a BBC Four documentary on Krautrock. It runs just short of an hour, and has some real treats: footage from the seventies and recent interviews with participants (and enthusiasts, such as Iggy Pop, shown drilling into a fruit while sitting in a hut...). Here is the intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B89-69icyc
Re: You Tube
http://www.vimeo.com/5763066
Brian Eno In Conversation 2009
about 30 minutes of Brian Eno on all sorts of things
Brian Eno In Conversation 2009
about 30 minutes of Brian Eno on all sorts of things
Re: You Tube
Chris Cogburn, Bonnie Jones, Liz Tonne
in Toronto - November 21, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N88ujtDUIA0
A friend who attended just shared this clip from the weekend, looks good. Sound is a little odd, but that's not surprising considering the format.
in Toronto - November 21, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N88ujtDUIA0
A friend who attended just shared this clip from the weekend, looks good. Sound is a little odd, but that's not surprising considering the format.
- schiksalgemeinschaft
- Posts: 1445
- Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:43 am
- Location: the low countries
- Contact:
Re: You Tube
not sure where to post this, but some guy invented the 'fluid piano'
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/video/2 ... ical-music
an acoustic piano on which any single note can be bend
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/video/2 ... ical-music
an acoustic piano on which any single note can be bend
Re: You Tube
The Bad Plus doing Aphex Twin's Flim.
Yes, I know. But I'm a total sucker for this. They spoil the ending live, I know why it would have happened but it just isn't right. I have the record, I only play the one tune. It's the way out.
Yes, I know. But I'm a total sucker for this. They spoil the ending live, I know why it would have happened but it just isn't right. I have the record, I only play the one tune. It's the way out.
- Salty Swift
- Posts: 1580
- Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:32 pm
- Location: in front of my laptop
Re: You Tube
"A little older, a little more confused"
- Salty Swift
- Posts: 1580
- Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:32 pm
- Location: in front of my laptop
Re: You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJLyWomZNq8
ok....I:ll admit....I was in head over heels with Natalie back in the 80:s....
ok....I:ll admit....I was in head over heels with Natalie back in the 80:s....
"A little older, a little more confused"
- Salty Swift
- Posts: 1580
- Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:32 pm
- Location: in front of my laptop
Re: You Tube
"A little older, a little more confused"
Re: You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RQ5x_v1emg
According to rumor this synth later ended up in the hands of Tangerine Dream
According to rumor this synth later ended up in the hands of Tangerine Dream
It's a blues riff in B watch me for the changes
Re: You Tube
http://gizmodo.com/5420672/this-is-how- ... ice-sounds
"As if we didn't have enough with frightening planetary sounds, artist Katie Paterson has recorded the chilling crackles of three Icelandic glaciers. Nothing special there... until you learn that she did it on 45rpm records made with actual ice."
"As if we didn't have enough with frightening planetary sounds, artist Katie Paterson has recorded the chilling crackles of three Icelandic glaciers. Nothing special there... until you learn that she did it on 45rpm records made with actual ice."
Re: You Tube
Two of my favourite musicians, solo and in a duo:
Alan Wilkinson solo, October 2008
Steve Noble solo, 16.11.2009
Steve Noble & Alan Wilkinson, 31.10.2009
Alan Wilkinson solo, October 2008
Steve Noble solo, 16.11.2009
Steve Noble & Alan Wilkinson, 31.10.2009
-
adjustment
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:01 am
-
Daniel Jones
- Posts: 411
- Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 5:43 am
Re: You Tube
Yeah, Katie Paterson is interesting and has worked with sound quite a bit...jkudler wrote:http://gizmodo.com/5420672/this-is-how- ... ice-sounds
"As if we didn't have enough with frightening planetary sounds, artist Katie Paterson has recorded the chilling crackles of three Icelandic glaciers. Nothing special there... until you learn that she did it on 45rpm records made with actual ice."
http://www.katiepaterson.org/
I only discovered her recently after she was featured in a magazine recently (Art Forum/Art Monthly/Frieze... one of those) but was quite impressed - at least compared to some of the other dross that was being trumpeted as the 'next big thing'.
"Having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go!"
Re: You Tube
Studious Avoidance - Badass electronic music
Re: You Tube
Seijiro Murayama solo rehersal & perfomance in 5 parts from Menza pri koritu in Shitenia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mS_lZu8Qn8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mS_lZu8Qn8
