Lyrics running through your head
Re: Lyrics running through your head
Eugene McDaniels "Cherrystones"
Long as I have my plans
I don't give a damn
About muddy waters
Long as I have my rice
And it's tasting nice
I'm gonna love your daughters
Long as I'm sitting well
And not raisin' hell
I won't be a martyr
Long as I never read
About others' needs
I won't have to suffer
In the twilight of my mind I know I'm doing something wrong
The green and black elevator's bringing me down
To the basement on the 13th floor
Long as I have my plans
I don't give a damn
About revolution
Long as I have my rice
I don't have to think twice
About a solution
Long as I'm sitting well
And not raisin' hell
I can't cause confusion
Long as I'm writing checks
And going easy on sex
I'm not a protrusion
In the twilight of my mind I know I'm doing something wrong
The green and black elevator's bringing me down
To the basement on the 13th floor
Long as I have my plans
I don't give a damn
About my direction
Long as I have my soup
I don't give a hoot
About insurrection
Long as I'm sitting well
In my padded cell
I got good protection
Long as I never read
About others' needs
I don't have to vote in the election
In the twilight of my mind I know I'm doing something wrong
The green and black elevator's bringing me down
To the basement on the 13th floor
Long as I have my plans
I don't give a damn
About muddy waters
Long as I have my rice
And it's tasting nice
I'm gonna love your daughters
Long as I'm sitting well
And not raisin' hell
I won't be a martyr
Long as I never read
About others' needs
I won't have to suffer
In the twilight of my mind I know I'm doing something wrong
The green and black elevator's bringing me down
To the basement on the 13th floor
Long as I have my plans
I don't give a damn
About revolution
Long as I have my rice
I don't have to think twice
About a solution
Long as I'm sitting well
And not raisin' hell
I can't cause confusion
Long as I'm writing checks
And going easy on sex
I'm not a protrusion
In the twilight of my mind I know I'm doing something wrong
The green and black elevator's bringing me down
To the basement on the 13th floor
Long as I have my plans
I don't give a damn
About my direction
Long as I have my soup
I don't give a hoot
About insurrection
Long as I'm sitting well
In my padded cell
I got good protection
Long as I never read
About others' needs
I don't have to vote in the election
In the twilight of my mind I know I'm doing something wrong
The green and black elevator's bringing me down
To the basement on the 13th floor
-
skrobek
Re: Lyrics running through your head
Almost blue
Almost doing things
We used to do
Theres a girl here and she's
Almost you
Almost
All the things that your eyes once promised
I see
In hers too
Now your eyes are red
From crying
Almost blue
Flirting with this disaster
Became me
Named me
As the fool
Who only aimed to be
Almost blue
Its almost touching
It will almost do
Theres a part of me thats
Always true
Always
Not all good things come to an end
It's only a chosen few
I've seen such an unhappy couple
Almost me
Almost you
Almost blue
by Elvis Costello
Almost doing things
We used to do
Theres a girl here and she's
Almost you
Almost
All the things that your eyes once promised
I see
In hers too
Now your eyes are red
From crying
Almost blue
Flirting with this disaster
Became me
Named me
As the fool
Who only aimed to be
Almost blue
Its almost touching
It will almost do
Theres a part of me thats
Always true
Always
Not all good things come to an end
It's only a chosen few
I've seen such an unhappy couple
Almost me
Almost you
Almost blue
by Elvis Costello
Re: Lyrics running through your head
can I ask a general question? do people really have the ENTIRE lyrics to a song go through their head? Almost Blue (just above) I can see, but that Eugene McDaniels song or Galang or some of these others, I find it harder to believe. I have couplets or verses stuck in my head all the time, but not all of Sad-Eyed Lady In The Lowlands, which is what this thread seems to have turned into.
anyway, just thought I'd get that off my chest, just curious...
anyway, just thought I'd get that off my chest, just curious...
-
skrobek
Re: Lyrics running through your head
I sure got the whole song going through my head today
Little Jimmy Scott's version
and Darn that Dream 's performance by the same as well:
"Darn that dream, I dream each night, you say you love me, and you hold me tight, but when I wake up, you're out of sight, Oh darn that dream... darn your lips, and darn your eyes, they lift me high above the moonlit sky, then I stumble out of paradise, oh darn that dream... darn that one track mind of mine, it won't undestand you don't care, just to change the mood I'm in, I'd welcome a nice old nightmare... darn that dream, and bless it too, without that dream, I never would have you, yet it haunts me and it won't come true, oh darn that dream..."
wew ! all by memory !
Little Jimmy Scott's version
and Darn that Dream 's performance by the same as well:
"Darn that dream, I dream each night, you say you love me, and you hold me tight, but when I wake up, you're out of sight, Oh darn that dream... darn your lips, and darn your eyes, they lift me high above the moonlit sky, then I stumble out of paradise, oh darn that dream... darn that one track mind of mine, it won't undestand you don't care, just to change the mood I'm in, I'd welcome a nice old nightmare... darn that dream, and bless it too, without that dream, I never would have you, yet it haunts me and it won't come true, oh darn that dream..."
wew ! all by memory !
Re: Lyrics running through your head
I get random portions of Cherrystones running through my head, not necessarily in the order they appear. I didn't realize I was supposed to edit.
- gohleekwang
- Posts: 794
- Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:28 am
Re: Lyrics running through your head
mostly was the intro of some pop song i listened to when i was young running through my head.
on lyrics:now i wanna be your dog...
on lyrics:now i wanna be your dog...
Re: Lyrics running through your head
and i'm afeared if i don't have
a piglet, lamb or little calf,
i'll chop my human mess in half
and be as worm or virus
but kids i've had and they are sung
upon folks' ears my babes are hung
and rhythmically they live among
and grow and don't get old
a piglet, lamb or little calf,
i'll chop my human mess in half
and be as worm or virus
but kids i've had and they are sung
upon folks' ears my babes are hung
and rhythmically they live among
and grow and don't get old
-
eraritjaritjaka
- Posts: 447
- Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:44 pm
- Location: Via Negativa
- Contact:
Re: Lyrics running through your head
i dont want to set the world on fire
i just want to start, a flame in your heart
i just want to start, a flame in your heart
erαrιτjαrιτjακα 죽을레?
- Salty Swift
- Posts: 1580
- Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:32 pm
- Location: in front of my laptop
Re: Lyrics running through your head
Your eyes tell me how you love me
Can feel it in your heart beat
I know you like what you see
Hold me, I'll give that you need
Wrap your love around me
You're so excited, I can feel you
Getting hotter, oh baby
I'll take you down, I'll take you down
Where no one's ever gone before
And if you want more, if you want more
More, more, more
Jump for my love
Jump in and feel my touch
Jump you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump for my love
Jump, I know my heart can make you happy
Jump in, you know these arms
Can feel you up
Jump, you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump for my love
You told me, I'm the only woman for you
Nobody does you like I do
Then make a move before you try and
Go much farther, oh baby
You're the one, you, you are the one
And heaven waits here at my door
And if you want more,
If you want more, more, more then
When you are next to me, oh I come alive
Your love burns inside
Feels so right
Come to me if you want me tonight jump
Jump if you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump, jump
Jump, you know my heart can
Make you happy
Jump, you know these arms can feel you up
Jump in, you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump for my love
...for those who need to know - the lyrics to the entire song are in my head

Can feel it in your heart beat
I know you like what you see
Hold me, I'll give that you need
Wrap your love around me
You're so excited, I can feel you
Getting hotter, oh baby
I'll take you down, I'll take you down
Where no one's ever gone before
And if you want more, if you want more
More, more, more
Jump for my love
Jump in and feel my touch
Jump you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump for my love
Jump, I know my heart can make you happy
Jump in, you know these arms
Can feel you up
Jump, you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump for my love
You told me, I'm the only woman for you
Nobody does you like I do
Then make a move before you try and
Go much farther, oh baby
You're the one, you, you are the one
And heaven waits here at my door
And if you want more,
If you want more, more, more then
When you are next to me, oh I come alive
Your love burns inside
Feels so right
Come to me if you want me tonight jump
Jump if you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump, jump
Jump, you know my heart can
Make you happy
Jump, you know these arms can feel you up
Jump in, you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump for my love
...for those who need to know - the lyrics to the entire song are in my head
"A little older, a little more confused"
Re: Lyrics running through your head
sheena is
a punk rocker
sheena is
a punk rocker
sheena is
a punk rocker, now
well, she's a (punk punk)
a punk rocker (punk punk)
a punk rocker, ooh (punk punk)
a punk rocker (punk punk)
a punk rocker, yeah
a punk rocker
sheena is
a punk rocker
sheena is
a punk rocker, now
well, she's a (punk punk)
a punk rocker (punk punk)
a punk rocker, ooh (punk punk)
a punk rocker (punk punk)
a punk rocker, yeah
Re: Lyrics running through your head
Apologies to Mr. Lambkin if I've muddled any of his lyrics (that fifth line may be wrong... this is just the way I've been singing it
), but this song has been popping in and out of my head all week.
"I've got to see and taste those city lights
I'm coming to you
For I know that everything's all right
When you're around
I've got to see my face in worlds of ice
My own invention
Walk out into the darkness of the night
Those city lights
...Those city lights"
"I've got to see and taste those city lights
I'm coming to you
For I know that everything's all right
When you're around
I've got to see my face in worlds of ice
My own invention
Walk out into the darkness of the night
Those city lights
...Those city lights"
- psychedelic tickle
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:01 pm
- Contact:
Re: Lyrics running through your head
I, unstoppably, have lyrical sections of Hella's (or Zach Hill's) "Church Gone Wild" and Zach's Astrological Straits" booming through my head. Can you get any better than, "I see you carving your name unto the side of a killer whale" or "she was smoking drugs, playing with bugs, we'd acted like we'd never seen her" or "getting jealous on ACCIDENT."
Re: Lyrics running through your head
Dum daka dumelake dai dumalele
Dum daka dumelake dai dumalele
Dai dumelake dai dumalele
Dika daka dumelake dai dumalele
BOOm Chak! BOOm Chak! BOOm Chak! BOOm Chak! BOOm Chak! BOOm Chak! BOOm Chak! BOOm Chak!
"Metaphors are effective nine times out of ten and quotations seven times out of ten, but impromptu words come forth every day" - Chuang Tzu
leenoyes.com
idealstate recordings
no-number series
leenoyes.com
idealstate recordings
no-number series
-
Dan Warburton
- Posts: 7920
- Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 am
Re: Lyrics running through your head
I always thought this thread was a bit daft.
http://www.paristransatlantic.com
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais
Re: Lyrics running through your head
On the contrary, I've really enjoyed reading this thread; especially Alistair's phonetic spelling on the previous page...
"Metaphors are effective nine times out of ten and quotations seven times out of ten, but impromptu words come forth every day" - Chuang Tzu
leenoyes.com
idealstate recordings
no-number series
leenoyes.com
idealstate recordings
no-number series
Re: Lyrics running through your head
All the things she said, all the things she said
Running through my head, running through my head, running through my head
Running through my head, running through my head, running through my head
Re: Lyrics running through your head
It's all about us (all about us)
It's all about
All about us (all about us)
There's a thing that they can't touch
'Cause ya know (ah ah)
It's all about us (all about us)
It's all about
All about us
all about us
We'll run away if we must
'Cause ya know
It's all about us (It's all about us)
It's all about love (It's all about us)
In you I can trust (It's all about us)
It's all about us
It's all about
All about us (all about us)
There's a thing that they can't touch
'Cause ya know (ah ah)
It's all about us (all about us)
It's all about
All about us
all about us
We'll run away if we must
'Cause ya know
It's all about us (It's all about us)
It's all about love (It's all about us)
In you I can trust (It's all about us)
It's all about us
Re: Lyrics running through your head
when i-i-i stop dreaming
that's when i'll stop dreaming of you.
m
that's when i'll stop dreaming of you.
m
-
Dan Warburton
- Posts: 7920
- Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 am
Re: Lyrics running through your head
Me too - but that doesn't make it any less daftpatois wrote:On the contrary, I've really enjoyed reading this thread
http://www.paristransatlantic.com
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais
- Salty Swift
- Posts: 1580
- Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:32 pm
- Location: in front of my laptop
Re: Lyrics running through your head
You just say the things you want to hear
And like a fool I believed everything was clear
But now I feel so different
I don't know what to say
The things I thought important are just another day
And you and I are miles and miles apart
You got me on the road
To one more broken heart
January February
I don't understand
Why it is you say you're leaving
Then you turn around
You won't settle down
You've got both feet off the ground
January February
Don't you come around
Wake up I tell myself but I don't even hear
One more night, another day, another year
It doesn't seem to matter
'Cos you don't seem to care
If only there were some way out
A way to anywhere
'Cos you and I are miles and miles apart
You got me on the road
To one more broken heart
And like a fool I believed everything was clear
But now I feel so different
I don't know what to say
The things I thought important are just another day
And you and I are miles and miles apart
You got me on the road
To one more broken heart
January February
I don't understand
Why it is you say you're leaving
Then you turn around
You won't settle down
You've got both feet off the ground
January February
Don't you come around
Wake up I tell myself but I don't even hear
One more night, another day, another year
It doesn't seem to matter
'Cos you don't seem to care
If only there were some way out
A way to anywhere
'Cos you and I are miles and miles apart
You got me on the road
To one more broken heart
"A little older, a little more confused"
