upcoming releases to look forward to

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

User avatar
grisha
home and family entertainment
Posts: 2860
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Israel

Post by grisha »

Stevo wrote:
fearandpanic wrote:I thought they lost their way with Ende Neu. Silence Is Sexy is spotty, but I found myself enjoying it again recently more than I did when it came out.
They were certainly delivering live in 2004 as the show & their official bootleg proved.
I got a set from Hannover earlier this year that was pretty good though I can't remember the last time I played it.

I've seen differing views on the new one in various reviews. I think The Wire found it amazingly unabrasive and gave it a poor rating, & Mojo and Uncut liked it. dunno with them how tokenist their liking of a recognised entity like EN is though.
i really like the latest, maybe more then PM. criticizing it for being unabrasive is kinda weird imo. it's pretty unabrasive, period, as a fact, not as a quality judgement. Silence is Sexy is indeed patchy, but it has some songs that are among their very best stuff, and a couple that are simply cream of the crop. i didn't think Ende Neu aged very well when i last heard it.
I was going to be a neo-deconstructivist but mom wouldn't let me.
http://soundcloud.com/mites

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Post by jon abbey »

tadk wrote:The Contest of Pleasures - Tempestuous (on Another Timbre)

other future releases on this label also look very interesting
http://www.anothertimbre.com/page5.html
I have the first five of these in stock now, finally. it's amazing how slow shipping is between the UK and at least this area of the US, really ridiculous.

user_5154

Post by user_5154 »

Dearest Jon,


I can haz Kevin Drumm / Sachiko M duo pleez?

Sinzerially,
LOLCATZ

Image


But seriously. That would be kind of neat. No pressure on you though, Jon.

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Post by jon abbey »

with all due respect, that's one of the worst ideas that anyone has ever suggested to me. I'll get on that right after the merzbow/meehan sessions.

user_5154

Post by user_5154 »

jon abbey wrote:with all due respect, that's one of the worst ideas that anyone has ever suggested to me.
Yeah probably. Justing having some fun. I greatly respect both those musicians.

I don't think they could work together if it were like "Sheer Hellish Miasma" style Drumm + single sine wave Sachiko M. Well maybe. We know Drumm can do quiet stuff. But yeah... I'm not going to continue rambling here about the two. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not as familiar with the two as I should be to make that request. (And if anyone's thinking of quoting that last sentence and saying some witty remark such as, "you got that right," just quit while you're ahead. I know I'm ignorant.)

Okay back to the topic:

I'm looking forward to hearing Fennesz's next solo album (if he does one).
I think Belong is working on an EP.
I wonder if Burial can do another album in the same style and get great reviews one more time.
The finished version of the new Brian Jonestown Massacre album currently known as "My Bloody Underground."

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Post by jon abbey »

etbtc wrote:I'm looking forward to hearing Fennesz's next solo album (if he does one).
Touch just put out a CD single by him, 8 minutes of new music, details here:

http://www.touchmusic.org.uk/" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false;

user_5154

Post by user_5154 »

Wow. Somehow this slipped right by me. Thanks, Jon.

User avatar
eric weddle
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 10:30 pm
Location: lafayette, indiana
Contact:

Post by eric weddle »

Looking forward to:

Jim Haynes on Intransitive
Bhob Rainey/Jason Lescalleet on Erstwhile
Xiu Xiu - Women As Lovers on KRS
Kousokuya live DVD on PSF
Victrola Favorites: Artifacts from Bygone Days 2CD/Book on Dust to Digital
Gert-Jan Prins - Break Before Make on E.Mego
Surface of the Earth reissue on Fuestron (I hope!)
http://family-vineyard.com" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false;

user_294

Post by user_294 »

a new autechre album in march

User avatar
Stephen
Posts: 1030
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:24 am
Location: Bristol UK
Contact:

Post by Stephen »

Image

Hard to believe Jeck's music hasn't been pressed onto vinyl before now

user_3068

Post by user_3068 »

xiu xiu's and stephen malkmus'

franz bieberkopf
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by franz bieberkopf »

i don't think i can care about anything forthcoming until the new Three 6 Mafia album, Last 2 Walk finally drops. whenever that actually happens.

User avatar
Yii
Posts: 1847
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Paju, Korea
Contact:

Post by Yii »

Nipples wrote:Xiu Xiu - Women as Lovers

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?7eci9yyx1wy
Nipples wrote:Stephen Malkmus - Real Emotional Trash

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?abdwty9hnnn
No work tomorrow to work today.

User avatar
dave quam
Posts: 1210
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by dave quam »

Hip Hop albums I'm psyched about for 2008:

New Clipse album
New Killer Mike album
lil Wayne - The Carter 3
Big Boi - Sir Luscious Left Foot
Bun B - 2 Trill
Peedi Crakk - Prince Of The Roc
ABN (Z-Ro & Trae) - It Is What It Is
E40 - Ball Street Journal
Mistah Fab's new one
Three Six Mafia - last 2 walk
Re-Up Gang album

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Post by jon abbey »

dave quam wrote:Hip Hop albums I'm psyched about for 2008:
Lil Wayne - The Carter 3
I read that he had nothing to do with the track selection, and the record company is just putting this together from the 50 or 60 tracks he gave them. that doesn't bode well.

User avatar
MRS
Posts: 2800
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 9:56 am

Post by MRS »

Nipples wrote:Stephen Malkmus - Real Emotional Trash
Thank you sincerely for making my girlfriend's year.

user_294

Post by user_294 »

misc frank wrote:a new autechre album in march
http://www.thewire.co.uk/index.php?page ... rticle=522" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false;

they have a couple tracks of this on an mp3 of a radio show. sounds pretty dope, even at 41 kbps

tadk
Posts: 678
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by tadk »

two on blast first (petite):

Ed Quist/Pansonic - Kuvaputki DVD
Harry Bertoia - Sonambient 5 CD Box

and one on Al Malakh
Christine Sehnaoui/Michel Waiswisz

User avatar
Stephen
Posts: 1030
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:24 am
Location: Bristol UK
Contact:

Post by Stephen »

tadk wrote: Harry Bertoia - Sonambient 5 CD Box
Excellent. I can now finally stop drooling over the thought of owning a few of these on vinyl. Is there a date set?

Just noticed here that there are two more planned for the Obscure Tape music of Japan series:

Vol. 7 - Joji Yuasa "Music for Experimental Films"
Vol. 8 - Toshi Ichiyanagi "Live Performance - Electronic Field"

user_5275

Post by user_5275 »

CobraKiss wrote:Blues Control album on Holy Mountain.
Shit, I seem to have lost my advance CD-R of that one.

I remember liking it, though!

Return to “I Hate Music”