True dat. I'm definitely looking forward to more from these guys. In other music discoveries, I found out about Monarch's debut which is really quite excellent. I think I discovered The Drones this year, though it may have been late last year. The National finally came into my radar. Pretty traditionally indie rock and probably of little interest to this board but I love the lead singer's soporific delivery and the sometimes strange and grimy imagery he has a tendency to conjure up. I don't totally agree with the following analysis by Tiny Mix Tapes, but it still cracks me up: On 2005?s Alligator, The National?s Matt Berninger told Karen, "Fuck me and make me a drink," solidifying himself as the Clive Owen of this indie rock shit.Hubajube wrote:Heavy Winged
As far as literature goes, I finally read and subsequently loved Kafka's parables, got into Gogol's strangeness, and just suddenly realized that I love Robert Browning.


