upcoming releases to look forward to

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

User avatar
Paul C
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:56 am
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by Paul C »

misc frank wrote:dead c. tomorrow?
Bruce mentioned something about this coming out on vinyl, though I haven't heard anything more. Anyone know when?

User avatar
Stephen
Posts: 1030
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:24 am
Location: Bristol UK
Contact:

Post by Stephen »

I remember reading somewhere when Brendan Walls last record was released (Outposts) that Christoph Heemann had revived the label for that and was planning to do a Jim O' box set soon to boot. I took it with a pinch of salt at the time, maybe another five years in the pipeline. But seeing that he is continuing to release stuff on Dom Bartwuchs i wonder if there is any truth in the rumour.

Anyone know anymore?

user_4602

Post by user_4602 »

I heard from the source a couple of years back that a Jim O vinyl box of early work was definitely in the works. I saw it listed in his forthcoming discography recently, so I'm sure it's still coming. It's no big surprise to me that they're taking their time with it. I expect it's a priority, just not a very high one.

User avatar
Yii
Posts: 1847
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Paju, Korea
Contact:

Post by Yii »

new hibari releases: ready to go-

Image
Toshiya Tsunoda ??Low Frequency Observed at Maguchi Bay? (hibari-11)

Image
noid ?you?re not here? (hibari-12)

Image
?一万年、後?。?SOUND TRACK (hibari-13)
No work tomorrow to work today.

User avatar
schiksalgemeinschaft
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:43 am
Location: the low countries
Contact:

Post by schiksalgemeinschaft »

Jon, can you say something about the upcoming ErstSolo with Sachiko? And/or st 'bout the progress of the other announced titles?

user_4879

Post by user_4879 »

Alfredo Costa Monteiro "?picycle" on Etude Records.

User avatar
tristan
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by tristan »

Yi wrote:Image
Toshiya Tsunoda ??Low Frequency Observed at Maguchi Bay? (hibari-11)
yes! can't wait.

will
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:01 am

Post by will »

what's this Noid thing all about? Why don't any shops have the Drumm / Menche? How am I so far out of the loop?

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Post by jon abbey »

Will wrote:what's this Noid thing all about?
he's from vienna, I have his first disc in stock. more info:

http://noid.klingt.org" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false;
Why don't any shops have the Drumm / Menche?
I do, at a good price too.
How am I so far out of the loop?
that I can't answer. :)

user_1434

Post by user_1434 »

anyone have a link or more info about that tsunoda?

meadowphantasm
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:31 pm

Post by meadowphantasm »

p-coli wrote:
misc frank wrote:dead c. tomorrow?
Bruce mentioned something about this coming out on vinyl, though I haven't heard anything more. Anyone know when?
october on ba-da-bing

Hubajube
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Hubajube »

matinee wrote:
tadk wrote: Supersilent: tba
Haha. I think it's a safe bet to say it's going to be "8"
Maybe not, it's getting reported as Supersilent 8-9 now.

user_4602

Post by user_4602 »

got me there!

User avatar
_duif
Posts: 638
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:57 pm
Location: ghent(B)

Post by _duif »

matinee wrote:
tadk wrote: Supersilent: tba
Haha. I think it's a safe bet to say it's going to be "8"
yes, and it's pink:
Image

user_294

Post by user_294 »

nice. keeping in uniform. wonder if it souldd sseeeek'd

User avatar
free math
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by free math »

oct. 16
Image
neil young - chrome dreams II

User avatar
fearandpanic
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by fearandpanic »

More saxophones than you can shake a stick at:

John Butcher solo on Emanem; the Propagations all-sax quartet on Potlatch (which is actually out now), St?phane Rives (sop.), Marc Baron (alto), Bertrand Denzler (tenor), Jean-Luc Guionnet (alto).

potatocircle
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by potatocircle »

free math wrote:oct. 16
Image
neil young - chrome dreams II
I like the original a lot, but this "II" business seems like just a way to latch onto the original's credibility and allure - it's not much old stuff - 7 new songs, though the two that are described as over 18 minutes are intriguing. On a Young related note, his "Rust Never Sleeps" concert film is fucking great.

Also, Noid is a fantastic cello player Will - that solo album is prettymuch his only major release so far, which is crazy because he's been playing in a lot of great ensembles in vienna for years. you can read about the quintet he put together in nickesldorf at my infinite writeup of the fest: http://www.facsimilemagazine.com/2007/09/index.html

User avatar
free math
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by free math »

yeah, it's mostly interesting in that it might be his first album in a long time to not stick to one style or area. he's done explicit sequels before, it's just one of those things you have to say, "ok, whatever, neil." :roll: :wink: :D ...or not.

tadk
Posts: 678
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by tadk »

The Contest of Pleasures - Tempestuous (on Another Timbre)

other future releases on this label also look very interesting
http://www.anothertimbre.com/page5.html