The Goslings

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

user_2321

The Goslings

Post by user_2321 »

Have they made their 'masterpiece' at this point? All I need answered...

They add elements of 'all that is raw' and beautifully melodic undertones and the outcome from each release gets better and more prolific with each listen

I am owned

mudd
Site Admin
Posts: 4514
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by mudd »

yet? pretty sure they haven't put anything out since 'grandeur of hair', but that one is hardly old yet...

i've got high hopes for the collab with roxanne jean polise, but also hope that it's different, not necessarily better.

was just listening to grandeur last night, actually. it occurred to me that they sound pretty much like i expected sunn0)) to sound before i'd heard them.

m

user_294

Post by user_294 »

petals r piqued tho i found sunn00 b00ring

user_353

Post by user_353 »

I thought "Between the Dead" was pretty good but everything else (especially "Grandeur of Hair") is tremendously overrated to me...I just don't see the appeal.

Haven't heard the much-lauded collab with RJP yet so I'll withold my full judgement for now...

User avatar
vegetable mind
farcical and aquatic
Posts: 620
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by vegetable mind »

the collab's amazing, first track especially

user_548

Post by user_548 »

Grandeur of Hair is great, but I think Between the Dead is better, especially on vinyl.

The first track of Heaven of Animals, however, is the best thing released in the last two years.

User avatar
grisha
home and family entertainment
Posts: 2860
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Israel

Post by grisha »

i only heard The Goslings in mp3, but i must say after hearing Between the Dead, Sunn O)) lost a bit of its appeal to me .
I was going to be a neo-deconstructivist but mom wouldn't let me.
http://soundcloud.com/mites

mudd
Site Admin
Posts: 4514
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by mudd »

so is heaven and animals going to be reissued on archive, or is there new material? i hadn't noticed before that something was already out.

m

User avatar
grisha
home and family entertainment
Posts: 2860
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Israel

Post by grisha »

here

http://www.bagatellen.com/ihatemusic/vi ... php?t=4530" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false;

it says
keep a look out for a new rjp/goslings collab album packaged with a remastered heaven of animals sometime next spring! 2xcd!
I was going to be a neo-deconstructivist but mom wouldn't let me.
http://soundcloud.com/mites

mudd
Site Admin
Posts: 4514
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by mudd »

thanks, i new i remembered something about remastering, but i'm a complete twonk and forgot it was that thread.

smurves.

m

user_509

Post by user_509 »

mudd wrote:so is heaven and animals going to be reissued on archive, or is there new material? i hadn't noticed before that something was already out.

m
talked with Max back a few weeks ago.. the plan is to take basically a little more then the first half of the existing collab CDR release on one disc and the 2nd disc will be all new collab material.. Plotkin will probably master all content. I'm guessing March to April as the new tracks dont even exist to date

user_548

Post by user_548 »

voided wrote:
mudd wrote:so is heaven and animals going to be reissued on archive, or is there new material? i hadn't noticed before that something was already out.

m
talked with Max back a few weeks ago.. the plan is to take basically a little more then the first half of the existing collab CDR release on one disc and the 2nd disc will be all new collab material.. Plotkin will probably master all content. I'm guessing March to April as the new tracks dont even exist to date
This definately my most anticipated release of 2007. So far.

user_294

Post by user_294 »

this stuff is beautiful. kind of what i fantasized dead c to be, or possibly where i desired royal trux to go..

Hubajube
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Hubajube »

This year's Xinlisupreme was disappointing, but we have The Goslings to take over this niche.

User avatar
Stephen
Posts: 1030
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:24 am
Location: Bristol UK
Contact:

Post by Stephen »

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Between The Dead. The only place I can find one is off gemm for $40!

user_3068

Post by user_3068 »

I still need to hear these guys.

User avatar
Gaendaal
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Gaendaal »

I've only got the Spaceheater / Perfect Interior re-issue. How does that compare to some of the later stuff?

User avatar
Stephen
Posts: 1030
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:24 am
Location: Bristol UK
Contact:

Post by Stephen »

Gaendaal wrote:I've only got the Spaceheater / Perfect Interior re-issue. How does that compare to some of the later stuff?
I would say that release is kind of spacious compared to Grandeur of Hair and Between the Dead. Both of which use song-form a bit more, albeit skull-crushing overdriven 7 to 10 minute claustrophobic song-form.

User avatar
Zuhzuhzombie!!
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Zuhzuhzombie!! »

scrawny git wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Between The Dead. The only place I can find one is off gemm for $40!
I'd eMail the band. They may have a copy or two left. Maybe even still have the LP. The split 7inch they did is still available on their site.
I've only got the Spaceheater / Perfect Interior re-issue. How does that compare to some of the later stuff?
The self titled and Grandeur are monoliths compared to Spaceheater/Perfect Interior. Those are somewhat quiet albums.

Any way. I thought there was another Goslings thread?

Slimm still hasn't gotten the collab reissued. Mentioned it not too long ago, though. I'll still be putting out their self titled EP as a 12". With new tracks, hopefully.
Short Forest
Record Label

Cicada Creek
Band

Formerly Friday Night, August 14th

michael
Posts: 1732
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:51 am
Contact:

Post by michael »

the only one ive heard is grandeur of hair and its so badass