
Recent purchases redux
Re: Recent purchases redux
Psych-Funk 101 1958-1975: A Global Psychedelic Funk Curriculum


"I'm not your baby's daddy, free love."
-
Jan Tomioka
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:51 pm
Re: Recent purchases redux
Brendan Murray / Perispirit (Razors & Medicine/Semata Split LP & C22)
Otomo Yoshihide / Axel Dörner / Sachiko M / Martin Brandlmayr - Donaueschinger Musiktage 2005, allurements of the ellipsoid (Neos 2xSACD)
Vanessa Rossetto - Mineral Orange (Kye LP)
Used
Kevin Drumm - Land of Lurches (Hanson LP)
Crawl Unit - 1993 (Povertech Industries 10-inch)
Crawl Unit - Aftermusic (Povertech Industries CD)
Otomo Yoshihide / Axel Dörner / Sachiko M / Martin Brandlmayr - Donaueschinger Musiktage 2005, allurements of the ellipsoid (Neos 2xSACD)
Vanessa Rossetto - Mineral Orange (Kye LP)
Used
Kevin Drumm - Land of Lurches (Hanson LP)
Crawl Unit - 1993 (Povertech Industries 10-inch)
Crawl Unit - Aftermusic (Povertech Industries CD)
Re: Recent purchases redux
Haven't reloaded the debit card yet, will do this weekend hopefully, so I've been keeping my purchases local, like buying my music at a local cd store. Here is what I got today:
Various Artists - Legends of Benin
Nobukazu Takemura - Hoshi No Koe
Shooting Spires - S-T
Black and White Piano - Vol 1 (1923-1931) (document records)
Brazilian Guitar Fuzz Banana - Tropicalia Psychedelic Masterpieces 1967-1976
Various Artists - Legends of Benin
Nobukazu Takemura - Hoshi No Koe
Shooting Spires - S-T
Black and White Piano - Vol 1 (1923-1931) (document records)
Brazilian Guitar Fuzz Banana - Tropicalia Psychedelic Masterpieces 1967-1976
"I'm not your baby's daddy, free love."
Re: Recent purchases redux
Afflux - Bouquetot, Autoroute A13/Paris, Gare de Lyon/Port-Jerome, Raffinerie
Kurt Vonnegut - Breakfast of Champions
Italo Calvino - Adam, One Afternoon
Italo Calvino - Our Ancestors
Kate DiCamillo - The Magician's Elephant
Kurt Vonnegut - Breakfast of Champions
Italo Calvino - Adam, One Afternoon
Italo Calvino - Our Ancestors
Kate DiCamillo - The Magician's Elephant
Re: Recent purchases redux
On Vinyl:
Andrew Hill - One for One (2XLP)
George Crumb - Ancient Voices of Children
Andrew Hill - One for One (2XLP)
George Crumb - Ancient Voices of Children
"I'm not your baby's daddy, free love."
Re: Recent purchases redux
vinyl from Jazz Record Mart

Booker Little - Booker LIttle Quartet (1960)
So damn good.

Ronald Shannon Jackson's Decoding Society - Eye On You (1980)
I think this was a will guthrie recommendation... or was it hennies?

Charles Mingus - Oh Yeah! (1962)
w/ R.R. Kirk

Booker Little - Booker LIttle Quartet (1960)
So damn good.

Ronald Shannon Jackson's Decoding Society - Eye On You (1980)
I think this was a will guthrie recommendation... or was it hennies?

Charles Mingus - Oh Yeah! (1962)
w/ R.R. Kirk
Re: Recent purchases redux
John Bender - I don't remember now / I don't want to talk about it

Repress of this, I guess unauthorized, it seems to be trickling out to a few distributors. I'm happy, it's been on the top of my want list for ages.

Repress of this, I guess unauthorized, it seems to be trickling out to a few distributors. I'm happy, it's been on the top of my want list for ages.
Re: Recent purchases redux
Vanessa Rossetto - Mineral Orange (FINALLY)
Hwaet
Taku Sugimoto - Musical Composition Series 1/2
Nick Hennies - Psalms
all from erstdist.
Hwaet
Taku Sugimoto - Musical Composition Series 1/2
Nick Hennies - Psalms
all from erstdist.
Re: Recent purchases redux
I just placed a post-Christmas ErstDist order too:
John Cage | Sonatas and Interludes for Prepared Piano
Cornelius Cardew | Piano Music 1957-1970
Takahiro Kawaguchi | n
Annette Krebs/Taku Sugimoto | A Duo In Berlin
Andrea Neumann | Pappelallee 5
Michael Pisaro | An Unrhymed Chord
Taku Sugimoto | Musical Composition Series 1/2
Taku Sugimoto/Burkhard Stangl/Christof Kurzmann | First concert, second take
Masahide Tokunaga | Alto Saxophone
John Cage | Sonatas and Interludes for Prepared Piano
Cornelius Cardew | Piano Music 1957-1970
Takahiro Kawaguchi | n
Annette Krebs/Taku Sugimoto | A Duo In Berlin
Andrea Neumann | Pappelallee 5
Michael Pisaro | An Unrhymed Chord
Taku Sugimoto | Musical Composition Series 1/2
Taku Sugimoto/Burkhard Stangl/Christof Kurzmann | First concert, second take
Masahide Tokunaga | Alto Saxophone
Re: Recent purchases redux
Is this sold out Jon? I dont see it listed.diederich wrote:Vanessa Rossetto - Mineral Orange (FINALLY)
.
Musical xmas gifts I received, all on vinyl:
V/A - The Rain Don't Fall On Me
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS
V/A - Mortika: Recordings From A Greek Underworld
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS
Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings - Naturally
Label: Dap-Tone
Ferran Fages - Lullaby for Lali
Label: Etude
V/A - Twenty Centuries Of Stony Sleep
Label: Rune Grammofon
Re: Recent purchases redux
Jealous, anyone know is there a good place to find their LPs online, or in chicago? Is the sound/mastering usually good?surfer wrote:V/A - The Rain Don't Fall On Me
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS
V/A - Mortika: Recordings From A Greek Underworld
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS
Re: Recent purchases redux
yep, BW grabbed my last one. Mimaroglu still had it, last I looked.surfer wrote:Is this sold out Jon? I dont see it listed.diederich wrote:Vanessa Rossetto - Mineral Orange (FINALLY)
.
Re: Recent purchases redux
Sound/mastering is as good as you could hope for, in most cases.free math wrote: Jealous, anyone know is there a good place to find their LPs online, or in chicago? Is the sound/mastering usually good?
When you say online, I assume you mean to order right? Anyways, this blog here has some sound samples (and some DL links) for many of the more recent Mississippi releases, which is helpful when it comes to making decisions, since it's really hard to keep up with their output.
Re: Recent purchases redux
Graham, did you hit the Fetus and/or Treehouse Records here? They carry a lot of Mississippi.free math wrote:Jealous, anyone know is there a good place to find their LPs online, or in chicago? Is the sound/mastering usually good?surfer wrote:V/A - The Rain Don't Fall On Me
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS
V/A - Mortika: Recordings From A Greek Underworld
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS
http://crowwithnomouth.wordpress.com/
Experimental music should be something that suggests a way of organizing your thinking, your attitude toward the world, which suggests that the world could be different.
Christian Wolff 2014
Experimental music should be something that suggests a way of organizing your thinking, your attitude toward the world, which suggests that the world could be different.
Christian Wolff 2014
Re: Recent purchases redux
last of the christmas ordering, from mr. jrf
'sonata for clarinet & nodar' - Jez riley French/Joana Silva/Luis Costa
'canvas' - catherine kontz
'celebration' - julia holter
'sonata for clarinet & nodar' - Jez riley French/Joana Silva/Luis Costa
'canvas' - catherine kontz
'celebration' - julia holter
Re: Recent purchases redux
Sound is good considering the sources. I bought these two at Streetlight Santa Cruz. I just got back from Streetlight San Jose, and I saw another copy of Rain Dont Fall On Me, as well as The Further The Flame The Worse It Burns Me (if I can scrape together the money I'm going to buy that tomorrow), Mata La Pena, Bongo Joe Coleman, and all the Michael Hurleys. So they do distribute them to local record stores. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who regularly trawls the vinyl Greek, various Blues, and various Africa stacks at Streetlight.free math wrote:Jealous, anyone know is there a good place to find their LPs online, or in chicago? Is the sound/mastering usually good?surfer wrote:V/A - The Rain Don't Fall On Me
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS
V/A - Mortika: Recordings From A Greek Underworld
Label: MISSISSIPPI RECORDS
Re: Recent purchases redux
graham you can probably order those directly from the label, but they don't have a site. i'll PM you the contact info.
m
m
Re: Recent purchases redux
Jason Lescalleet - The Pilgrim
Ground Zero - Plays Standards
Ground Zero - Plays Standards
"I'm not your baby's daddy, free love."
Re: Recent purchases redux
Just picked up this Phillip Schulze 2xLP + CD box set:
http://www.phillip-schulze.de/Cause
If the sample track here is any indication then it's going to be one hell of a ride. Anyone heard of him before? Found this after a friend who got a review copy recommended it to me.
http://www.phillip-schulze.de/Cause
If the sample track here is any indication then it's going to be one hell of a ride. Anyone heard of him before? Found this after a friend who got a review copy recommended it to me.

