Bruce mentioned something about this coming out on vinyl, though I haven't heard anything more. Anyone know when?misc frank wrote:dead c. tomorrow?
upcoming releases to look forward to
I remember reading somewhere when Brendan Walls last record was released (Outposts) that Christoph Heemann had revived the label for that and was planning to do a Jim O' box set soon to boot. I took it with a pinch of salt at the time, maybe another five years in the pipeline. But seeing that he is continuing to release stuff on Dom Bartwuchs i wonder if there is any truth in the rumour.
Anyone know anymore?
Anyone know anymore?
-
user_4602
I heard from the source a couple of years back that a Jim O vinyl box of early work was definitely in the works. I saw it listed in his forthcoming discography recently, so I'm sure it's still coming. It's no big surprise to me that they're taking their time with it. I expect it's a priority, just not a very high one.
- schiksalgemeinschaft
- Posts: 1445
- Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:43 am
- Location: the low countries
- Contact:
he's from vienna, I have his first disc in stock. more info:Will wrote:what's this Noid thing all about?
http://noid.klingt.org" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false;
I do, at a good price too.Why don't any shops have the Drumm / Menche?
that I can't answer.How am I so far out of the loop?
-
meadowphantasm
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:31 pm
- fearandpanic
- Posts: 2363
- Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 12:41 pm
-
potatocircle
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:21 pm
I like the original a lot, but this "II" business seems like just a way to latch onto the original's credibility and allure - it's not much old stuff - 7 new songs, though the two that are described as over 18 minutes are intriguing. On a Young related note, his "Rust Never Sleeps" concert film is fucking great.free math wrote:oct. 16
neil young - chrome dreams II
Also, Noid is a fantastic cello player Will - that solo album is prettymuch his only major release so far, which is crazy because he's been playing in a lot of great ensembles in vienna for years. you can read about the quintet he put together in nickesldorf at my infinite writeup of the fest: http://www.facsimilemagazine.com/2007/09/index.html
The Contest of Pleasures - Tempestuous (on Another Timbre)
other future releases on this label also look very interesting
http://www.anothertimbre.com/page5.html
other future releases on this label also look very interesting
http://www.anothertimbre.com/page5.html





