Futbol 2020-21

Calisthenics, cricket, and other things to do in a field.

Moderators: Captain Hate, jon abbey

Wombatz

Re: Futbol 2020-21

Post by Wombatz »

roger.haddad. wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 10:12 am
Does anyone else feel like Pep put his money on Chelsea with that team he fielded? Baffling.
i watched the pre-match press conferences asking myself something like that (yeah, i say i usually don't do that and here i go again), and it's funny, but the managers are exactly like their teams played, one focused and hungry, the other offhand and a bit nervous. unfortunately i could see the match only while working, but chelsea did a pretty brilliant job ... the main thing of course was pep losing. the shaggy dog werner story continues to amuse. of course now everybody is a tüchel fanboy so i have to choose a new infatuation (while stressing how much he loses in translation)
Last edited by Wombatz on Mon May 31, 2021 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

surfer

Post by surfer »

I thought it was a good match. Pep's thinking I guess is that Tuchel had won their two previous matches so why try the same thing a third time? Obviously going without a holding mid was a void that Chelsea ended up exploiting because Zinchenko didnt track Havertz across the pitch. That is a space in which a DM would be sitting.

What I am really wondering is did anyone get a good look at the Rudiger / KdB collision? I cant find a replay that shows how it happened; seemed somewhat intentional? (not the injury obviously) Horrible what happened to KdB
surfer wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:21 pm
Kante is like the Ark of the Covenant, whichever team has him, wins. Leicester won, Chelsea won, and France will win.

Wombatz

Post by Wombatz »

surfer wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:26 pm
What I am really wondering is did anyone get a good look at the Rudiger / KdB collision? I cant find a replay that shows how it happened; seemed somewhat intentional? (not the injury obviously) Horrible what happened to KdB
it was a fully intentional cynical block, although one might argue that rüdiger had no obligation to continue a run that would have left him exposed ... but yeah, it didn't at all look like de bruyne should be hurt that bad

Antoine

Post by Antoine »

surfer wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:26 pm
surfer wrote:
Kante is like the Ark of the Covenant, whichever team has him, wins. Leicester won, Chelsea won, and France will win.
Yes, fantastic (again) during the final

Antoine

Post by Antoine »

According to Libération (a french newspaper), Pochettino has asked to leave PSG (the article also talks about 940k€/month... I had no idea a coach could get that).
I suppose Zidane, as a marseillais, can't sign here :lol:

DarkAttraktor

Post by DarkAttraktor »

surfer wrote:
i didn't watch the finals, tho i am glad city lost but man, this is such an awesome quote that you should receive residuals for it

btw are we stoked for the euros or are we not ? what are IHM stokeness levels across the board ?

i must say i am pretty stoked, because of the whole postcorona-normalization effect (my psyche needs these euros a lot) - about 8/10, which is pretty high considering that serbia is not playing. and i must say my stokeness levels are greatly fueled by the possibility of a stellar, once in a lifetime macedonia performance.

Wombatz

Post by Wombatz »

quoted coz i'm evil:
surfer wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:58 pm
Conte doesnt seem to have a clue, he's such a poor manager imo. Inter would do well to get rid of him sooner rather than later.
(it won't happen anyway, right? promise? except of course levy can point to his manager and say: he made me keep harry against harry's will, nobody can not give him what he wants and survive)

surfer

Post by surfer »

Wombatz wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:29 am
quoted coz i'm evil:
surfer wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:58 pm
Conte doesnt seem to have a clue, he's such a poor manager imo. Inter would do well to get rid of him sooner rather than later.
(it won't happen anyway, right? promise? except of course levy can point to his manager and say: he made me keep harry against harry's will, nobody can not give him what he wants and survive)
To be fair to Conte he did turn things around pretty much the second I posted that. Inter's second half has changed my thinking on him a bit. Conte did a tremendous job with what he had available. It wasnt until Inter's Board flat out told Conte that they werent bringing in ANY players in January that he swtiched Perisic into a wingback, and abandoned Eriksen in the #10 and moved him deeper into a #8 playmaker. They won 12 of 13 down the stretch and barely conceded any goals. But as I mentioned the most inportant thing is the DoF and if they bring in Paratici and he and Conte are simpatico then it could work. The manager is almost secondary, they need to sell players and fill a few key positions, and Levy and Hitchens cant be the ones spearheading that anymore, its the single biggest reason the club is in the place its in right now. I dont know much about Paratici, seems like his time at Juve was mixed. I will concede that Inter's second half and the adjustments Conte made have really made me raise my estimation of Conte's tactical nous; he's a screamer but also more than just a motivator.

surfer

Post by surfer »

surfer

Post by surfer »

So this is where we're at? Spurs failed to (re)hire a manager they fired 2 years ago. So instead they are hiring the manager who has just been replaced by the guy they just fired