Futbol 2021-22

Calisthenics, cricket, and other things to do in a field.

Moderators: Captain Hate, jon abbey

Wombatz

Re: Futbol 2021-22

Post by Wombatz »

surfer wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:08 pm
Have the German press taken to calling Marsch "Ted Lasso"? I hope that stupid show doesnt undermine him however subtly.
this series is not a thing over here at all. haven't seen it, but judging from the usually awful us soccer commentary i'd suspect it would be a hard sell.

i have to say, though, that marsch does not look a natural on the sidelines, so it's hard to be very optimistic for that reason alone.

some interesting results and great matches lately (pool vs. city, obv).

surfer

Post by surfer »

That Salah goal was one of the best individual goals ive ever seen in the PL.

Spurs look a little better, maybe settling around Skipp / Hojbjerg, with Romero / Dier in central defense and Royal / Reguillon on the wings. Getting Kane to hang around and IN the box more is clearly helping. the CAMs remains an issue. I still think they should try a back three.

surfer

Post by surfer »

Well, Spurs played a decent 88 minutes of football bracketed by two woeful defensive lapses. but the 3 points takes them 5th, astonishingly. Newcastle are the talk of football, but their current squad is woeful, and the players have little motivation to play for lame duck Steve Bruce, or any other manager really. I for one hope they get relegated. I find the actions of Newcastle fans dressing in costume sheikh attire and waving Saudi flags and giving the owners a standing ovation are abhorrent, sorry.

Glimmer of light is that ManUnited appear to be in a downward trajectory, so the fourth CL spot seems up for grabs, and none of the contenders seem convincing. Leicester has huge problems, Arsenal were extremely lucky to grab a point today, Brighton and Brentford are punching way above their weight, and West Ham and others are regressing.

The only other match I watched was Brentford Chelsea, and Brentford were incredibly enterprising in the second half, had Chelsea completely under siege for most of the half. Mendy's performance, including the save on the bicycle kick at the end, was one of the great performances by a keeper I've ever seen in the PL. Lukaku was completely anonymous and had 18 touches in 76 minutes. And that back line does not impress: Chalobah Christensen Sarr Azpilicueta

surfer

Post by surfer »

wow go Rats, theyve looked quite incisive since after 10 minute mark. Theyve definitely had the better chances and have done a great job containing Messi and Mbappe