Euros 2020

Calisthenics, cricket, and other things to do in a field.

Moderators: Captain Hate, jon abbey

DarkAttraktor

Re: Euros 2020

Post by DarkAttraktor »

surfer wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:43 pm
Mine as well. Kind of bummed no Carlos or Walto this time. I reached out to Walto on FB (as well as Jon) but he never got back to me.
thanks for trying surf. i wanted to PM some of the people (Alaister also), but was simply swamped with work and never got to do so.

it's sad to kicktipp without carlos - the brazil of IHM footy predictors - and as well jon, walto and alaister who were with us from the very beginnings.

surfer

Post by surfer »

Turkey look terrible. Cant string three passes together and when they do its backwards.

Italy look extremely blunt in the final third.

Antoine

Post by Antoine »

I didn't watch Italy/Turkey (Djoko/Nadal at the same time, and it was quite amazing), only saw the goals later.
I don't know what to expect with Belgium/Russia: OK, it's Belgium... but they have a few missing players and it's in St Petersburg, so... ?

surfer

Post by surfer »

Jesus I hope Eriksen is ok wow it looks really serious

Antoine

Post by Antoine »

Yeah, awful... the latest news were positive, I hope it will continue to improve

Also, this:
https://twitter.com/MicGWagner/status/1 ... 4569748481

DarkAttraktor

Post by DarkAttraktor »

i was so swamped with work these two days that i literally slept in my office yesterday night.

didn't watch a single game except the very underwhelming first half of the opening match :x

DarkAttraktor

Post by DarkAttraktor »

first of all, england was pretty good, completely deserved it and i'd say croatia are kind of not themselves lately (haven't watched a CRO game in a while but i understand that they are kind of mushy these days). completely toothless in the last third and with no real spark, no one going for heroics, trying to prove something (which is something i expected considering the context of this tournament in the grand scheme of their football narrative). i thought gvardiol and vrsaljko were criminal and while brozovic and kovacic just didn't did well. it is even hard to put the blame on dalic considering both how england was good and the fact that he probably has his hands tied on reshuffling this historic team.

DarkAttraktor

Post by DarkAttraktor »

as your average glory-hunting Serb i of course switched to Nolo when i saw he was Tsitsipas dominating in the text playbyplay of the 4th set and, of course, missed the largest chunk of the Macedonia game save the last 20 minutes as a consequence. and man, i must say, they didn't look good, especially Alioski who should have been their best.

i just hope that the late goal trashtalk by Arnautovic directed towards the Macedonian defense wasn't some nationalist idiocy.

DarkAttraktor

Post by DarkAttraktor »

NED-UKR best game of the tournament so far