Trump Is A Dipshit

Algebra, imbibition, and what have you.
Mo Noyz

Re: Trump Is A Dipshit

Post by Mo Noyz »

This is an important factor because I believe the number of Americans that feel emboldened to let their post-Jim Crow racist flag fly are far fewer in number than the media would ever admit. The media takes small numbers and attempts to make them seem mainstream. The SPLC keeps tags on these hateful losers, and their numbers are fortunately small. It’s not like there was a silent majority of Americans sitting on their racist hands just waiting to be turned loose. No, there were marginalized groups like the KKK and the Aryan Nation that, through the magic of stagecraft, have been “popularized”.

Here’s a weird personal anecdote. You know where I’ve seen racism the least? Poor communities in the south.

Remember the Walmart Tiki Torch Brigade that marched in Charlottesville? Mostly a bunch of middle class millenials.

Don’t you find that a bit odd?

Mo Noyz

Post by Mo Noyz »

Hell, if nothing else I tip my hat to the Tangerine Tyrant for doing two good things this week.

Calling for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria, and signing the Agricultural Improvement act of 2018. The latter being incredibly important to us CBD users and full Cannabis legalization advocates.

For at least a few days he was a better President than Obama, suprisingly enough.

Mo Noyz

Post by Mo Noyz »

OK, walto. Let’s dig in.
Thirty years ago, nearly half of Louisiana voted for a Klansman, and the media struggled to explain why.
So, without any further ado let’s establish that David Duke = Donald Trump. Nothing wrong with setting the exact tone your audience is salivating for right out of the gate.

Though let’s hopefully never mention that 8% of black voters pulled the lever for Trump, and 29% of Hispanic voters did as well. If you’re counting that is +2 /+2 over Romney in 2012, and +4/-2 compared to McCain in 2008.

But hey, David Duke. Racism. You know.
“I believe that everybody has a right to be in the United States no matter what your color, no matter what your race, your religion, what sex you prefer to be with, so I’m not against that at all, but I think that some of us just say racial statements without even thinking about it,” a customer-care worker named Pam—who, like several people I spoke with, declined to give her last name...
Who doesn’t love some good, olde fashioned dog whistle demonization and shaming, amiright?! We just want to make it perfectly clear, in a coy manner, that Pamela Citizen is clearly racist and ashamed of it! Why ELSE wold she REFUSE to give her last name?!
While other factors also led to Trump’s victory—the last-minute letter from former FBI Director James Comey, the sexism that rationalized supporting Trump despite his confession of sexual assault, Hillary Clinton’s neglect of the Midwest—had racism been toxic to the American electorate, Trump’s candidacy would not have been viable.
Yet also,
But they are hurt from factories closing, they're hurt by the local economy which sometimes forces families to separate because the younger generation simply cannot find work where they grew up, they feel completely left behind by the Democrats for the reasons Alex state above, they are single issue voters, they (like me) simply could not stomach the thought of another 8 years of Third Way Clinton bullshit in the White House, they're so strapped for cash that they were hoping against all hope for just a simple tax break, they're tired of being labelled ignorant assholes by those compassionate folk on the other side...-Scott Dolan
But let’s not let a balanced, empathetic look sneak in to ruin the narrative. Trump supporters are clearly racist, xenophobic rubes that deny it and are rightfully ashamed of it!
the unleashing of immigration-enforcement agencies against anyone in the country illegally regardless of whether he poses a danger
OOPS! Probably should have found a learned colleague to do a little third party fact checking before he published this article. Shot himself in the foot with a cannon there!

How soon pearl clutching “liberals” forget about their beloved Deporter in-Chief. I guess that...also means that all those that supported Obama were racists or xenophobes, too? Using your logic it does. Not to mention condoning extra-judicial murder of both foreignors and U.S. citizens.

https://www.thenation.com/article/the-d ... ent-trump/

I mean, was that “white identity” politics, also?

Got a shit ton of work around the house to get to, so I’ll cotinue on later. If I can stomach it.

walto

Post by walto »

I love an open mind!

The stock market is in free fall, Mattis resigned, guilty pleas are flying around our heads, Part of the Federal Government has been shut down, Cohen says he was directed to pay off the whores for Trump, etc., etc.

And yet...Trump's approval rating remains steadfast at 42%: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... al-ratings

You say it's not racism. And it's obviously very important to you that such allegations be seen to be false. You seem to take it personally if anybody suggests that Trump supporters aren't mostly interested in a border wall. OK, say you're right. What is it then? Worry about gun rights? Belief that Trump has the solution to their job concerns?

I know you are angry at Obama for his foreign policy activities and for supporting corporate capitalism and not prosecuting anybody after the last financial crash, etc. Me too. But neither of us ever supported Trump. I take it you would like Sanders or a Sanders-type to be President. But surely you don't think the 40+ percent of continuing Trump supporters are with you on that! (Even our mutual friend here who voted for Trump isn't a Sanders supporter. I take it from his blocking me on FB that he's still a Trump supporter though--since that's who I requested do that.) You defend him and the rest of the 40+% from claims that it's racism or anti-immigrant attitudes. Again, Fine. But whatever it is, certainly is nothing to be proud of. I think you should stop defending them.
"Freedom of thought and speech without available means of gaining information and methods of sound analysis, are empty. Protection and security are meaningless until there is something positive worth protecting." E.W. Hall

Mo Noyz

Post by Mo Noyz »

Were you racist for supporting the Deporter in-Chief?

walto

Post by walto »

Is that responsive--or just blatant whataboutism?

As I said, it's quite clear that you're defensive about charges of racism. Withdraw them all then--and explain the CURRENT 42 % support for Trump. Are the other explanations exculpatory? You think they're largely Sanders supporters?
"Freedom of thought and speech without available means of gaining information and methods of sound analysis, are empty. Protection and security are meaningless until there is something positive worth protecting." E.W. Hall

Mo Noyz

Post by Mo Noyz »

OH! So harp away on the racism angle until, OOPS, you step in a massive pile of your own shit. An INCREDIBLY weasely move, walto.

But here, I’ll graciously allow you to squirm your way out of that uncomfortable corner you painted yourself into, and submit a far more intelligent and insightful article from a right leaning author that will answer all your burning questions.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... mp-support

Mo Noyz

Post by Mo Noyz »

Money quote from that article:
The news media’s behavior also keeps Republicans in line. It is impossible to overstate the degree of daily vituperation visited upon the president in the media. Comics and actors use their non-political programs to attack him, often to the implicit applause of the press. Virtually all coverage outside the conservative Fox News and isolated conservative outlets is negative, often couched in highly hostile terms. Virtually all of the columnists at the New York Times and the Washington Post, America’s two most respected dailies, despise Trump – and that includes nearly all of the conservative, libertarian and Republican columnists too. Trump supporters who follow news at all cannot escape the daily blast of negativity.

This has, predictably, hardened the attitudes of many Trump supporters.
Right or wrong, this is also one of the primary reasons Trump was elected to begin with. I actually feared it leading up to the election. All the newspapers endorsing Hillary, and the hostility foisted upon Trump by pundits and prominant liberals in the public eye, the media trying daily to bury him, and the nasty attacks against his supporters. They all manufactured an underdog story that galvanized the base behind Trump.

This continues to go on to this day, and tone deaf liberals will simply be outraged when it leads to his reelection in 2020.

Mo Noyz

Post by Mo Noyz »

Also:
walto wrote: You think they're largely Sanders supporters?
“Largely”? No, how silly. But 12% is a pretty significant amount of people. I was shocked the first time I heard a Bernie supporter say on one of my political podcasts that they would vote for Trump if Hillary won the nomination. After that it became a relatively common refrain.

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/24/54581224 ... rvey-finds

walto

Post by walto »

Mo Noyz wrote:Also:
walto wrote: You think they're largely Sanders supporters?
“Largely”? No, how silly. But 12% is a pretty significant amount of people. I was shocked the first time I heard a Bernie supporter say on one of my political podcasts that they would vote for Trump if Hillary won the nomination. After that it became a relatively common refrain.

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/24/54581224 ... rvey-finds
That's 12% of what?--20%? What's that come to, 3%?

Anyhow, as I understand your analysis of the situation (and ignoring the excrement comments that you can't seem to do without for some reason--you really are extremely defensive!), Trump support is healthy because so many in the media attack him. It's basically the fault of the NYT, WAPO, etc. rather than anybody who agrees with Trump. And it's therefore the liberal media that deserves to be attacked. Because if the media doesn't like him, they really should be nicer to him--or ignore him.

Is that accurate?

walto

Post by walto »

Incidentally, this piece on climate change exemplifies how difficult it is for the media to assess what sort of approach is more likely to have the desired effect on a populace that either doesn't/can't understand or doesn't care:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/am ... 9bd52cc8c3

Mo Noyz

Post by Mo Noyz »

12% of those that voted for Bernie in the primary. This trolling of yours has reached a bitter end.

And no, your understanding if my analysis is the polar opposite of accurate.

But you are thoroughly disinterested in facts that do not feed your confirmation bias, and I no longer have any desire to discuss anything with you.

Good riddance.

walto

Post by walto »

Right. I estimated 12% of about 20% of the voting populace, or about 3%. Maybe you'd prefer if I'd used 30%? That would kick it up to about 4%. That's math: I'm sorry it seems like trolling to you and makes you so angry.

And so, adios. I must say though, I'm curious what my bias is--other than, you know, wanting to squirm around in shit, or whatever it is I'm squirming in. And also I'm curious about what the "polar opposite" is of the view I asked you about, based on your complaints about the NYT and WAPO coverage of Trump.

And, finally, since your posts have mostly been venom-spewing, I'd really like to hear from others, in particular, anybody on this board who DOES still support Trump--what it is they like about the guy today. (I mean, I doubt anybody here actually fits that description, but it's worth a try....)

Mo Noyz

Post by Mo Noyz »

Moving on:

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/ ... r-governor

With cats like O’Rourke on the Democratic side, and this guy for the R’s, it as least gives me a tiny bit of hope that this country mays eventually pull out of the partisan death spiral it’s currently in. The unfortunate part is that their isn’t a lot more like them.

walto

Post by walto »

I like Beto myself, but progressives have been teeing off on him lately.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opi ... ssion=true

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newswe ... 46%3famp=1

Mo Noyz

Post by Mo Noyz »

Great Christmas morning reads.

Joan Blades gets it:

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/ ... ve-friends

Nicholas Kristof REALLY gets it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/23/opin ... arent.html

Mo Noyz

Post by Mo Noyz »

walto

Post by walto »

My main concern with those takes is the conflation of 'Trump voters'--who I've always said might have had plausible reasons for voting that way--with those who currently think that Trump is doing a good job. It's that latter group that I can only see as irrational...or worse. Trump's activities, appointments, tweets, etc. both in and out of the WH for the last two years have been perfectly clear for all who are willing and able to see.

I don't blame the Times and Post for pointing out his sins every day, even though it is obviously doing very little good.

Steve Minkin

Post by Steve Minkin »

>>MSNBC ended the week of Dec. 21st with the #1 cable news ratings on television, beating Fox News for the first time in 17 years. For the Monday through Friday leading up to the Christmas holiday, MSNBC averaged 1.558 million total viewers, while Fox averaged 1.541 million and CNN averaged 975,000. It was the first time MSNBC finished first for a week since September 2000. It was also the fourth week in a row that MSNBC beat Fox News in the 8-11 p.m. primetime hours in both total viewers and the 25-54 news demo. The Rachel Maddow Show was the most-watched cable news program of the week with over 3.2 million total viewers (compared to about 2.3 million for Sean Hannity). The long-awaited MSNBC ratings victory comes amidst a coordinated advertiser boycott of Tucker Carlson’s primetime Fox News show after the host claimed immigrants make America “dirtier.”<<

Mo Noyz

Post by Mo Noyz »

I’d be happier if all the infotainment stations viewership dropped to 0.