Futbol 2020-21

Calisthenics, cricket, and other things to do in a field.

Moderators: Captain Hate, jon abbey

Antoine

Futbol 2020-21

Post by Antoine »

Code: Select all

init();

DarkAttraktor

Re: Futbol 2020-21

Post by DarkAttraktor »

we suck majestically, have 0 identity as a team and our NT's is a showcase for players of 2-3 powerful managers and other vested interets from Savez but we're now 1 hurdle away from booking a game with CRO on the EURO's next year. a win against the scots in belgrade in november takes us there.

nonetheless, a potential match with croatia on a major competition would by all means be one of the sporting highlights of 2021 and possibly the whole decade.

surfer

Post by surfer »

Yes SMS with a second half brace. Exciting, I didnt watch the match but was following the scores. His second goal was really special, always a fan of a good chip, but the angle and closeness of it made it outstanding. I cant believe he's still at Lazio. Congrats DA.

DarkAttraktor

Post by DarkAttraktor »

thanks surf.

that goal is terribly swaggy but also horribly risky. you really need to be a kind of a sociopath and to not care one bit about whether people will hate your guts if you happen to miss it in cruchtime of an elimination game. and maybe the best thing about it is that he made it with his weaker foot.

i still don't like the idea of basing our play on SMS because he is far too much of a specific type of player who is usable in only like 15% of systems that teams play today. and in order to utilize him well you really need to have a good coach and system of play and we don't have none of that by definition since we are ad hoc-istan. BUT i kinda like the idea of using him as we did against the norwegians - as a joker, a surprise factor. having a towering midfielder with excellent technical skill and ibrahimovic level swag to throw at opponents' groggy defenses at the 65 minute mark is kinda awesome.

also i hate the basketballization of our NT with this freakish average height we are nurturing - like we are some talentless nation of sturdy woodcutters from the north. if serbian football desperately needs something - these are lightfooted speedy guys and short guys with a low centre of gravity who can play with both feet, not these SMS type giants that need like 5 seconds to turn around. last time i tuned in on CRO (against Spain i think), they had minimum 3 players (but maybe more) that could play with both feet, while we had only 1. if you zoom in on what sort of players we produce vs what croatia produces, that data alone kinda sums up the difference. i am maybe a bit old school here, but the number of two-footed players that your youth systems produce for the NT is kinda like a nice (synecdochical) benchmark of the overall level of technical prowess that can be acquired in a given youth system.

surfer

Post by surfer »

Nothing wrong with a good ol fashioned toe bash

surfer

Post by surfer »

I thought Croatia played well today. The squad is in a transition phase with Lovren, Vida, Modric, Rakitic (retired), Perisic all over 31, and the younger generation still settling. The Vida / Lovren partnership needs to be broken up, Caleta-Car is a better option. Vlasic is proving to be a good attacking midfielder. Not sure how Pasalic fits in. Brekalo also deserves more minutes. Kovacic played well after coming on in the 2nd half, but can he play with Modric and Vlasic? And who is the striker? An interesting team with lots of options, should be a strong squad for next year's Euros.

DarkAttraktor

Post by DarkAttraktor »

just listened to Ciro Blazevic on a YT podcast. he's 85 but man, he is such a stooge and generally lovable character.

its super strange how Rakitic decided to retire - just 8 months before the competition & out of the blue. he apparently just emailed Dalic and Savez, announcing his decision to retire. luckily, he's not in his best form and certainly not an essential asset for Dalic atm.

Duje Ćaleta Car is such a funny name. it's as if you asked a Serbian to come up with an over-the-top Croatian name just for the lolz :lol:

Antoine

Post by Antoine »

DarkAttraktor wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:08 pm
Duje Ćaleta Car is such a funny name. it's as if you asked a Serbian to come up with an over-the-top Croatian name just for the lolz :lol:
The Marseille fans made a song about him, based on this popular 80s french song : https://youtu.be/j-48Xg2cKyg (you'll guess why with the intro...)

DarkAttraktor

Post by DarkAttraktor »

hahaaaa, that's awesome - Déćalétacar, Déćalétacar, ohé, ohé :lol:

also saw that the song got a corona lockdown rework as a part of the national mask wearing campaign. sometimes a song lays dormant for decades and all of a sudden comes a time when you can apply it for everything.

haaaaaaahaaaa, but look at this Antoine - someone edited the English wikipedia entry on La Compagnie Créole and credited Jean-Marc Vivenza - the Nouvelle Droite neo-Guenonian philosopher and musician, founder of the 1980s oldschool industrial band Vivenza - as a member of the band. they placed Marigot in the French Saint-Martin as his birthplace and credited him with playing "Keyboards, intonarumori, percussion" in the band. he's playing Russoloian turn-of-the-century noise machines in a Caribbean pop band :lol: :lol: :lol:

DarkAttraktor

Post by DarkAttraktor »

and a short note ontopic: i am no reds fan but Pickford should go to jail for that tackle. it's not a classic foul with an intention to injure - it's just incomprehensibly irresponsible.

surfer

Post by surfer »

Inconceivable

surfer

Post by surfer »

DarkAttraktor wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:08 pm

its super strange how Rakitic decided to retire - just 8 months before the competition & out of the blue. he apparently just emailed Dalic and Savez, announcing his decision to retire. luckily, he's not in his best form and certainly not an essential asset for Dalic atm.
I thought it was sudden but not surprising in the big picture, he's in a different phase of his career moving on from Barca and the WC final marks an obvious stopping point. There are a lot of AMs that he is blocking and he isnt as crucial a player as perhaps Modric, whom the national team doesnt have an obvious replacement for. It surprises me that more of that generation didnt retire. Even Modric. But its clear how much they still rely on him in so many ways, not just as the glue and deep lying playmaker, but in a more expansive role than he usually plays at RM. Rakitic is replaceable but Modric is not.

I made the mistake of watching Atalanta play Napoli on Saturday, and now I have to realize that Gasperini's team isnt going to win anything this year. What a lackluster, somnambulant performance, their backline is atrocious. I'm sure its just a bad match, but there is so much competition in Serie A this year, Its hard to see them winning anything with inconsistent unfocused performances like that. Napoli looked sharp, AC Zlatan is back, Serie A is going to be seriously interesting this year.

Then I switched over to Everton and saw that awful challenge on VvD, so late, so high, so clumsy, knee on knee. I think he knew right away it was bad he was calling for the physio straight away. Out for the year probably. Even before the injury, I'm wasnt sure Liverpool had the drive and energy for another serious run, but now its going to be even tougher. Opens things up, especially with the lack of fans, we could see another Leicester like outsider make a run.

As far as Spurs, the first half was as good a display of football as they played since prime Poch. I've been wrong about so many things this year:

1. Spurs will be boring because Mourinho plays boring football
2. Kane cant be effective if he is forced to drop deep into the #10 role
3. Mourinho will shore up the defense straightaway
4. All the new players will take a while to bed in
5. Levy wont spend any money in the transfer window
6. Ndombele's days at Spurs are numbered
7. Spurs have pretty much no chance at Top 4

et cetera.

Hard to be mad at Lanzini's strike, that was a 1 in a million. It seemed to go in slow motion, floating into the top corner. Those strikes never go in, coming across his body and slicing it the shooter inevitably slices it wide, or it balloons over the bar, it is so hard to keep those on target. Plus it didnt even seem like he would get a good crack at it because of Winks closing his down.

I am reminded of a sports announcer in USA who during a very famous moment, it was the deciding game of the 1993 World Series and the Blue Jays were playing the Phillies and it was in extra innings meaning whomever scored next won not just the game, and the series, but the championship. And Joe Carter hit a home run which ended the game. The only time in WS history that a WS was won with a home run. The announcer Tom Cheek made a very famous call he says "Touch 'em all Joe, you'll never hit a bigger home run in your life!) (just Google Touch Em All and it'll auto complete the rest). I felt like calling to Lanzini as he ripped off his jersey in celebration, "Take it off Manuel, you'll never score a better goal in your life."

surfer

Post by surfer »

Also Aguero needs to be suspended for that. Cant have that. Not malicious but really condescending and disrespectful. Cannot condone that stuff.

surfer

Post by surfer »

DarkAttraktor wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:48 am
thanks surf.

that goal is terribly swaggy but also horribly risky. you really need to be a kind of a sociopath and to not care one bit about whether people will hate your guts if you happen to miss it in cruchtime of an elimination game. and maybe the best thing about it is that he made it with his weaker foot.
No worse and arguably much better than those players (and there as been more in recent years) who attempt a panenka in a penalty shootout with elimination on the line. eg that Slovakian who chipped Ireland keeper in the Euro playoff shootout.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/i-am-st ... evhzl24ng9

Return to “I Hate Sports”