Last song you had on repeat for more then 10 times?

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

User avatar
faster
rasbliutto
Posts: 3278
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Post by faster »

dave quam wrote:
The Frogs - Baby Greaser George
i dont think there are many frogs songs that i can't listen to without replaying them a few times.
And the elusive triple negative rears its head! Think I know what you mean though...
You, of all people, should understand

User avatar
Paul C
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:56 am
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by Paul C »

The Stooges - every track on "Funhouse" - via the Complete Funhouse boxset

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Post by jon abbey »

p-coli wrote:The Stooges - every track on "Funhouse" - via the Complete Funhouse boxset
not LA Blues, or I might have considered picking this up.

user_356

Post by user_356 »

Once about 20 years ago, sat up all night with a friend listening to one side of The Seeds 'Bad Part of Town' album over & over for hours, which would explain why I haven't listened to it for about 19 years.

User avatar
Gerardo A
Posts: 470
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:28 pm
Location: Merida, Mexico

Post by Gerardo A »

Once about 10 years ago (high shool years), I went to the beach with my friend and while we had several books each, the only music was a copied tape of Kyuss' "Blues for the red sun" and the only movie was "Pulp Fiction". We put the tape player in continuous mode, so we probably listened to that album at least 20 times over the weekend. And we watched PF like 6 or 7 times.

Still a big fan of both Kyuss and Pulp Fiction.

User avatar
Paul C
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:56 am
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by Paul C »

jon abbey wrote:
p-coli wrote:The Stooges - every track on "Funhouse" - via the Complete Funhouse boxset
not LA Blues, or I might have considered picking this up.
Do you mean if it had had ten versions of LA Blues? It does have two versions, but under the name "Freak". One is just over 17 minutes, the other (the final LP version, I think) just under 5 min. I can understand if you wanted 8 more :)

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Post by jon abbey »

p-coli wrote:Do you mean if it had had ten versions of LA Blues? It does have two versions, but under the name "Freak". One is just over 17 minutes, the other (the final LP version, I think) just under 5 min. I can understand if you wanted 8 more :)
yeah, that was my point. I looked at the track listing after writing that, I think only four tracks have ten straight takes on there, and LA Blues is the one that had way fewer tries than any of the others, sadly.

user_1194

Post by user_1194 »

The Stalin - Stop Jap

the entire cd...

Hubajube
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Hubajube »

Brother Zoot wrote:Probably something by Nirvana, in the early 90s.
Ha! Me too. Probably trying to figure out the lyrics to Floyd The Barber or something.

User avatar
William Hutson
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:10 am

Post by William Hutson »

i haven't taken "hell hath no fury" out of my cd player since last tuesday. does that count?

letchhausen
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:45 pm

Post by letchhausen »

Charalambides - "Two Birds" from A Vintage Burden.......haunting beautiful, classic.....

User avatar
Richard Pinnell
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: Oxfordshire, England
Contact:

Post by Richard Pinnell »

letchhausen wrote:Charalambides - "Two Birds" from A Vintage Burden.......haunting beautiful, classic.....
hey Chris! where you been?

user_356

Post by user_356 »

Lotta cute guys in the club tonite
Lotta juicy asses hangin' out...

User avatar
bryan
Posts: 1734
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:34 am

Post by bryan »

dala wrote:Lotta cute guys in the club tonite
Lotta juicy asses hangin' out...
re: Letch is back?

letchhausen
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:45 pm

Post by letchhausen »

Richard Pinnell wrote:
letchhausen wrote:Charalambides - "Two Birds" from A Vintage Burden.......haunting beautiful, classic.....
hey Chris! where you been?
Work, work and work. Also, I've been focusing on reading more lately. Just completed Thomas Mann's Magic Mountain which is an impressive novel. Very nuanced writing there and a lot to ponder.

"Does anyone know where I can get a fresh pair of socks?" Oops sorry, the Frogs quote by dala is catching.....

tadk
Posts: 678
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by tadk »

two days ago and it was Jackie Mittoo's "Soul Bird"

User avatar
faster
rasbliutto
Posts: 3278
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Post by faster »

Put the watermelon seed in your snootsnout...that's your asshole...your snoonsnout...
You, of all people, should understand

user_356

Post by user_356 »

letchhausen wrote:
Richard Pinnell wrote:
letchhausen wrote:Charalambides - "Two Birds" from A Vintage Burden.......haunting beautiful, classic.....
hey Chris! where you been?
Work, work and work. Also, I've been focusing on reading more lately. Just completed Thomas Mann's Magic Mountain which is an impressive novel. Very nuanced writing there and a lot to ponder.

"Does anyone know where I can get a fresh pair of socks?" Oops sorry, the Frogs quote by dala is catching.....
You need some more punk rock karaoke in your life, Chris

user_1935

Post by user_1935 »

"rats" by sonic youth
"pink steam" by sonic youth
"a pretty girl is like" by the magnetic fields

Image

Image

letchhausen
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:45 pm

Post by letchhausen »

dala wrote: You need some more punk rock karaoke in your life, Chris
Yes, after seeing American Hardcore and This Band Could Be Your Life I definitely need more of that......I've been listening to this little hardcore gem that is more relevant these days than ever before:

"Did you ask if I minded
for my eyes to be blinded
my lungs turn black
From your smoke attack

you're gonna burn and you'll burn and you'll learn

Don't you dare and steal my air

Don't you dare....
steal my air....
because I......
Care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"