Futbol 2019-20

Calisthenics, cricket, and other things to do in a field.

Moderators: Captain Hate, jon abbey

roger.haddad.

Re: Futbol 2019-20

Post by roger.haddad. »

Silva out at Everton.

Moyes to Everton and Wenger to Arsenal. Let's keep the train rolling.

DarkAttraktor

Post by DarkAttraktor »

surfer wrote:The wildcard in the playoff scenario is Serbia, who despite some terrible results lately, could throw the whole group into chaos if they qualify.
you're sweet but :lol:

i think we'll qualify against norway and scotland but make no mistake we suck majestically and there's not a single reason not to think we'll continue doing so. since november 2017 we're sloping downhill and the physics is becoming merciless. we could suffer an epic walloping if we qualify so i'm not sure if i wish us to. even when the NT is not run by corrupt hacks and complete amateurs there's a nasty hubris that follows us - we're the single biggest underachievers in european football since we play (our NT had double the value of ukraine on transfermarkt at the time they hammered us 5:0) so taking a decent swing at croatia or england seems pretty impossible.

savez is ruining our best generation in a decade and we can just sit back and watch.

roger.haddad.

Post by roger.haddad. »

I have to say, seeing Pep's spirit so crushed is really helping lower the anxiety of losing this lead Liverpool currently have. But then again, they won what, 17 in a row at the end of last season so it still seems foolish to write them off. Leicester is also a weird enough thing to worry me also.

Hopefully the Reds can get through the festive period unscathed. Seems to always be the part where they lose the plot.

surfer

Post by surfer »

Out of the last 75 possible PL points (dating back to last year), Liverpool have hauled in 73.

There is no one in the PL right now who is playing with more confidence, a fuller array of skills, an otherworldly swagger, and total joy, than Sadio Mane. The goals and assists he had during the derby with Everton were quite something.

surfer

Post by surfer »

Wow great finish from Olmo.

surfer

Post by surfer »

Last edited by surfer on Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antoine

Post by Antoine »

Some surprises last night with Ajax, Inter & Zenit out. Lyon made quite an hold up during the 2 games against the rats.
Probably less entertaining tonight.

roger.haddad.

Post by roger.haddad. »

Me, 11:25am EST: Hmmm, maybe Arsenal will give City some trouble.

Me, 11:45am EST: Nvm.
__

Either way, good set of results yesterday. Watford actually hung in there and could have won if they had converted their chances. Then Leicester dropped points. Was really hoping Arsenal would make it the trifecta but I guess that was too greedy.

I've decided I like Son more than I dislike Jose so I supposed for the time being I won't be mad when they win. :D

surfer

Post by surfer »

Adama Traore is unplayable. Its not just today, going back a few weeks now, speed strength skill. His left foot isnt great but he's remarkable and unmarkable, built like an NFL running back. Wolves were fantastic today, Spurs smash and grab 3 points but completely cede midfield. If its possible, their midfield has gotten worse from last season.

Wombatz

Post by Wombatz »

rats on top! now if they can win the away game against in-form-again dortmund, then we're really talking ... so far they've been exceptionally ruthless against middling or weaker opponents, but no proof yet they can win the big games.

we want spurs! we want spurs!

edit: woohoo!!! (my boy has said he wants to sit in the away section)

Antoine

Post by Antoine »

18 February & 11 March
Borussia Dortmund (GER) v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Atlético (ESP) v Liverpool (ENG)

19 February & 10 March
Atalanta (ITA) v Valencia (ESP)
Tottenham Hotspur (ENG) v Leipzig (GER)

25 February & 18 March
Chelsea (ENG) v Bayern München (GER)
Napoli (ITA) v Barcelona (ESP)

26 February & 17 March
Real Madrid (ESP) v Manchester City (ENG)
Lyon (FRA) v Juventus (ITA)

Antoine

Post by Antoine »

And in Europa League:

Wolves (ENG) v Espanyol (ESP)
Sporting CP (POR) v İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)
Getafe (ESP) v Ajax (NED)*
Bayer Leverkusen (GER)* v Porto (POR)
Copenhagen (DEN) v Celtic (SCO)
APOEL (CYP) v Basel (SUI)
CFR Cluj (ROU) v Sevilla (ESP)
Olympiacos (GRE)* v Arsenal (ENG)
AZ Alkmaar (NED) v LASK (AUT)
Club Brugge (BEL)* v Manchester United (ENG)
Ludogorets (BUL) v Internazionale Milano (ITA)*
Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) v Salzburg (AUT)*
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)* v Benfica (POR)*
Wolfsburg (GER) v Malmö (SWE)
Roma (ITA) v Gent (BEL)
Rangers (SCO) v Braga (POR)

*transferred from UEFA Champions League

Wombatz

Post by Wombatz »

surfer

Post by surfer »

So in this analogy Rats are the Empire star destroyer and Spurs stadium are the Rebel Alliance or worse yet Alderan? Wouldnt the presence of Mourinho make Spurs the Empire and their stadium the White Hart Death Star and Rats the plucky rebel underdogs bankrolled my a major soft drink and lifestyle brand? Its all so confusing.

Wombatz

Post by Wombatz »

it's an xmas mouse pad for my boy :mrgreen:

rats again look lacking against a more heavy opponent and squeeze out a very lucky draw. not sure yet if anybody wants to win the bundesliga this year.

surfer

Post by surfer »

Wombatz wrote:it's an xmas mouse pad for my boy :mrgreen:
Did you photoshop that together? I'm trying to suss out the deeper symbolic meaning. Or is it just a random collage of Empire striking back at interplanetary space-age stadium bit of fun?

surfer

Post by surfer »

Wombatz wrote:
rats again look lacking against a more heavy opponent and squeeze out a very lucky draw. not sure yet if anybody wants to win the bundesliga this year.
I didnt see it, forgot it was today and dont think it was on American tv. Would have liked to have watched a 3-3 thriller. Rats were down 2-0 at half and 3-2 late in the 2nd at the Westfalenstadion, so not sure they are lacking? Sith Lord Mourinho says this shows resilience in front of such a hostile crowd of severed bulls head throwers.

surfer

Post by surfer »

Most saves in EPL this season

1. Leno (73), Arsenal

Wombatz

Post by Wombatz »

yeah he loves spurs and likes star wars so i collaged it together (i'm not into star wars so any deeper meaning (that's undoubtedly there) will have to be teased out by the exegetes).

the first two of the rats goals were silly xmas gifts too ... if dortmund wanted the title there'd have been no way back. fight was good but play was awkward, full of technical mistakes etc ... although the dortmund defense was rather inviting ... still rats can't yet play teams with any kind of swagger.

roger.haddad.

Post by roger.haddad. »

I like the Arteta appointment at Arsenal. Hopefully he gets a fair shake, god knows it's gonna take a while to bring that squad back to life.

Return to “I Hate Sports”