Futbol 2020-21

Calisthenics, cricket, and other things to do in a field.

Moderators: Captain Hate, jon abbey

Antoine

Re: Futbol 2020-21

Post by Antoine »

Unexpected (and flattering) win for PSG tonight

surfer

Post by surfer »

Antoine wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:57 pm
Unexpected (and flattering) win for PSG tonight
Schnee (live) - Sometimes It Snows in April

Antoine

Post by Antoine »

Sometimes I feel the under soil heating!

surfer

Post by surfer »

"Bread is bread and cheese is cheese."

Wombatz

Post by Wombatz »

i did not really understand that discussion. both rashford and fernandez flopped more obviously (i.e., without an actual hand in their face) and theatrically in that self-same game. anyway, a win in that silly cup over city would be nice but seems hardly possible by now ... surly pep won't feel the need to overthink spurs? (same goes for the cl, every team still left there has such obvious flaws that it's hard to see who could beat city ... probably real as they are best at winning games against rhyme or reason) ... and then, what could conceivably happen to make next season more fun? (a good start would be not waiting till the end of the season but firing mou the morning after he triumphantly wins the caraboa cup.) kane will try to leave but be prevented from doing so so whoever comes in will probably be doomed from the start?

surfer

Post by surfer »

Perhaps I should skip the match and go straight to the press conferences for the real drama. Ole is becoming a real manager and learning from the best with that bizarre tangent about not feeding your kids. But he has a ways to go before he can match the Sith brilliance of Jose lecturing us all on our lack of "moral honesty".

I can only use my own biases as a guide when talking about the completely irrelevant and utterly non-game-changing disallowed goal. There's obviously a lot of grappling that is allowed (Neymar v Hernandez') but when dribblers throw their arm back to fend off defenders and hit them in the face, or in the case of former Spur Mousa Dembele, stiff arm defenders with a palm to the face, I dont see how that's not a foul. It has to be. If you want players to stop going down and staying down, then referees have to call fouls when players DONT go down, and that rarely happens so you cant blame players for going to ground.

Pep will not put anything less than A++ team out there because he will want to put the final stake in Mourinho. I cant see any scenario in which Mourinho survives until next year, and I think the word is that the payout wont be so bad because Jose's contract is heavily incentive-laden, and if he wins no trophies and doesnt qualify for CL then Levy will cut his losses. I think another year of this and more toxicity might cost Levy his job.

Bayern missed Lewandowski more than just about any team could miss a single player, they were pretty dreadful in the final third, and if they had had RL over two legs they would have won comfortably I think.

There was an article in The Athletic but it requires too much tea leaf interpretation for me. Kane apparently is sending signals. I dont think he will leave this summer because the market will be depressed because of loss of revenue across the board. Maybe to petro dollars that doesnt matter but I dont think Levy will get an offer that reaches his price point and Kane is too much of a gentleman to agitate too much. Next summer might be a different story. If Levy brings in a "project manager" and its clear Spurs are rebuilding then no one can blame Kane if he doesnt want to stick around for that. I wouldnt.

I have no idea who Spurs get as their next manager, but I'm almost 100% sure it wont be Nagelsmann.

Wombatz

Post by Wombatz »

surfer wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:10 pm
Pep will not put anything less than A++ team out there because he will want to put the final stake in Mourinho ... I have no idea who Spurs get as their next manager ...
wait that's it ... after winning the quintuple or whatever this year, pep will have no more challenges left at city, and the best way to twist that final stake in mourinho's wound will be to take over the spurs team as is and do the same with them. i'm afraid that means henceforth i'll root against them hard, and may you all choke on the silverware pouring in.

surfer

Post by surfer »

Wombatz wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:25 pm
surfer wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:10 pm
Pep will not put anything less than A++ team out there because he will want to put the final stake in Mourinho ... I have no idea who Spurs get as their next manager ...
wait that's it ... after winning the quintuple or whatever this year, pep will have no more challenges left at city, and the best way to twist that final stake in mourinho's wound will be to take over the spurs team as is and do the same with them. i'm afraid that means henceforth i'll root against them hard, and may you all choke on the silverware pouring in.
Whoa whoa whoa. What happened to our plan for Harry as player-manager? That's the only way he's staying!

Antoine

Post by Antoine »

Sunday will be interesting in Ligue1 as Lille just made an unexpected draw at home against Montpellier (and almost a defeat, with a 85' goal saving them).
The 3 followers (PSG, ASM, OL) opponents are in the 2nd half of the table.

Antoine

Post by Antoine »

Return to “I Hate Sports”