not Michael Haneke

Not the stuff on your shower tiles.

Moderator: surfer

Post Reply
User avatar
leroysghost
Posts: 1070
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:30 pm
Location: Lovecraft Country

not Michael Haneke

Post by leroysghost »

Showgirls rules
torn, toiled and troubled

drip
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:02 pm

Re: Michael Haneke

Post by drip »

johnson wrote: Innocence of Muslims

you're seriously adding this "movie" to your list?

User avatar
johnson
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:43 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Michael Haneke

Post by johnson »

drip wrote:
johnson wrote: Innocence of Muslims

you're seriously adding this "movie" to your list?
Well, yes. If the list were in any order, it would be #1. I'm absolutely appalled by that thing.
I've only seen the 14-minute YouTube cut (which may in fact be the only that exists) but that's enough for me to deem it the most disgusting and idiotic piece of trash I've seen.

Lao Tsu Ben
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:21 am

Re: Michael Haneke

Post by Lao Tsu Ben »

leroysghost wrote:Showgirls rules
Yeah, yeah I agree with you and with the most famous advocate of the film, à savoir (that is), Jacques Rivette:
I’ve seen it twice and I like it a lot, but I prefer Showgirls (1995), one of the great American films of the last few years. It’s Verhoeven’s best American film and his most personal. In Starship Troopers, he uses various effects to help everything go down smoothly, but he’s totally exposed in Showgirls. It’s the American film that’s closest to his Dutch work. It has great sincerity, and the script is very honest, guileless. It’s so obvious that it was written by Verhoeven himself rather than Mr. Eszterhas, who is nothing. And that actress is amazing! Like every Verhoeven film, it’s very unpleasant: it’s about surviving in a world populated by assholes, and that’s his philosophy. Of all the recent American films that were set in Las Vegas, Showgirls was the only one that was real – take my word for it.I who have never set foot in the place!
I had some problems with the film actually (when she's dancing with the guy and he says, but you have your period, it seems too ridiculous, too ridiculous for Verhoeven anyway)

Dan Warburton
Posts: 7920
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 am

Re: Michael Haneke

Post by Dan Warburton »

Perhaps one of our invisible, inscrutable moderators could cut off these last few posts and stick them in a separate "Worst Movies" thread? I assume one exists.
http://www.paristransatlantic.com
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais

drip
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:02 pm

Re: Michael Haneke

Post by drip »

johnson wrote:
drip wrote:
johnson wrote: Innocence of Muslims

you're seriously adding this "movie" to your list?
Well, yes. If the list were in any order, it would be #1. I'm absolutely appalled by that thing.
I've only seen the 14-minute YouTube cut (which may in fact be the only that exists) but that's enough for me to deem it the most disgusting and idiotic piece of trash I've seen.
well, i personally think a propaganda movie shouldn't be part of a discussion about feature films.

User avatar
johnson
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:43 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Michael Haneke

Post by johnson »

drip wrote:well, i personally think a propaganda movie shouldn't be part of a discussion about feature films.
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it a major part of the discussion. And it's not the only film I named that I think is propagandizing.
I quite agree with Dan; we've gone way off topic.

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: not Michael Haneke

Post by jon abbey »

as always, Dan's wish is my command. :)

Dan Warburton
Posts: 7920
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 am

Re: not Michael Haneke

Post by Dan Warburton »

Hahaha, send me a promo copy of Rowe Unami then :lol: :lol:

Assuming this is for all time worst films, here's a couple I could frisbee into the trashcan of history..

Image

Image
http://www.paristransatlantic.com
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais

Return to “I Hate Film”