PS. I recall reading some performance 'scripts', which were quite fun even on paper, so that is one thing I may be interested in
Fluxus/Dada related movies (could be documentary/anything)
Moderator: surfer
Fluxus/Dada related movies (could be documentary/anything)
So there is local movie club showing movies on the subject, and I thought I may probably bring something too, but all I can find is boring art history/critics books 
PS. I recall reading some performance 'scripts', which were quite fun even on paper, so that is one thing I may be interested in
PS. I recall reading some performance 'scripts', which were quite fun even on paper, so that is one thing I may be interested in
Re: Fluxus/Dada related movies (could be documentary/anythin
This is a bit on the nose perhaps but the 37 Short Fluxus Films (hosted here by UBUweb) are pretty great. Some big names (Nam June Paik, John Cale, Yoko Ono, George Brecht, George Maciunas (obviously, I suppose)) along with lesser known figures.
Be sure to post up if you stumble across any good documentaries on Fluxus - I'd be interested to check something like that out (and there's certainly a wealth of material to select from).
edit: on a second glance I see that the Yoko Ono films have been taken down... odd. They're worth tracking down, though.
Be sure to post up if you stumble across any good documentaries on Fluxus - I'd be interested to check something like that out (and there's certainly a wealth of material to select from).
edit: on a second glance I see that the Yoko Ono films have been taken down... odd. They're worth tracking down, though.
