Japanese film query

Not the stuff on your shower tiles.

Moderator: surfer

Post Reply
miso
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:46 am

Japanese film query

Post by miso »

I know this is a long shot but could anyone identify this film from the plot outline. It's a Japanese film from the 70's I think and the story concerns a male intruder breaking into the nurses living quarters of a hospital and proceeding to skin alive and murder each nurse. As I recall, a voiceover at the end claims thiss to be based on a true story.
Gruesome I know but I'd love to know who the director was.
Any clues?

User avatar
mrhaljam
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:34 am

Re: Japanese film query

Post by mrhaljam »

Violated Angels (Okasaretu Byuakui) - 1967
dir: Koji Wakamatsu.
said to have been shot within a week of the nurse murders in Chicago.

miso
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Japanese film query

Post by miso »

Thanks for that. Almost impossible to get a copy, although one place claim to have a copy for $200.

eraritjaritjaka
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:44 pm
Location: Via Negativa
Contact:

Re: Japanese film query

Post by eraritjaritjaka »

miso wrote:Thanks for that. Almost impossible to get a copy, although one place claim to have a copy for $200.
i wouldnt call it 'impossible'... ive seen it listed from cult/obscure dvd sites many times, in the $10-$15 dollar range. it can also be found on torrent trackers, for free.

beyond pinku, this same director was involved with the controversial documentary 'Sekigun-PFLP: Sekai senso sengen'.
Koji Wakamatsu wrote:The reason I went to shoot a documentary about the Palestinian guerrillas is, to be honest, the money. Because of that film, though, I was branded a terrorist; I’m still a wanted man. When I tried to get permission from them to film from the inside, they asked me if there were an emergency, would I pick up a gun or a camera. I said I’d grab a gun. After that, I was training to be a guerrilla every day. Dressed in guerrilla gear, drawing water, digging ditches, learning how to use and take apart a gun–all guerrilla training. They didn’t let me film at all. Then one day they finally let me film, that day only, so I had to do everything, filming and interviewing, in the space of a day. After I came down from the mountain, so to speak, I wanted to show this world to the Japanese public. When I tried to show the film, I became a marked man in the eyes of Interpol. Since then, I haven’t been able to travel outside of Japan, even though I’m such a nice guy.
 erαrιτjαrιτjακα             죽을레?

jce405
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:30 am

Re: Japanese film query

Post by jce405 »

Thinking of Koji Wakamatsu ... O'Rourke, of course, has been a big advocate of his work for a long time.

Image

I can't figure out where I've seen this still before. From what research I've done, I can't seem to find anything. Any thoughts?

Return to “I Hate Film”