Jacques Rivette
Moderator: surfer
Re: Jacques Rivette
thanks gents, installed utorrent. so far the 2 films i have tried to d/l have an ETA of 9 weeks! 
http://crowwithnomouth.wordpress.com/
Experimental music should be something that suggests a way of organizing your thinking, your attitude toward the world, which suggests that the world could be different.
Christian Wolff 2014
Experimental music should be something that suggests a way of organizing your thinking, your attitude toward the world, which suggests that the world could be different.
Christian Wolff 2014
Re: Jacques Rivette
heh, yeah, sometimes patience is required (I'm sure you have no problem with that), especially on lightly seeded, older and larger files like the Rivette. what's frustrating is when you get most of it, but it never finishes, but hard to complain for the price...Jesse wrote:thanks gents, installed utorrent. so far the 2 films i have tried to d/l have an ETA of 9 weeks!
(end sidetrack, maybe I'll move these later or someone else can)
-
Lao Tsu Ben
- Posts: 505
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:21 am
Re: Jacques Rivette
Someone just told me he has Alzeihmer's.Dan Warburton wrote: Out One: Spectre, 1970
and in the presence of the director too, who looked about twenty years older than his 84 years.
-
Dan Warburton
- Posts: 7920
- Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 am
Re: Jacques Rivette
My wife is an architect specialising in Alzheimers units in French hospitals.. sort of comforting to know that if I end up going out that way I might die in a bedroom designed by Marie.. though of course I won't be able to remember that
Yikes, well, Monsieur Rivette certainly looked frail - I hope, for once, that you're not telling the truth Ben
(Meanwhile, I finally crawled into the early 21st century and installed that torrent thingy.. Noli me tangere has been merrily downloading at tortoise pace for the last ten hours.. and still two to go)
Yikes, well, Monsieur Rivette certainly looked frail - I hope, for once, that you're not telling the truth Ben
(Meanwhile, I finally crawled into the early 21st century and installed that torrent thingy.. Noli me tangere has been merrily downloading at tortoise pace for the last ten hours.. and still two to go)
http://www.paristransatlantic.com
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais
-
Dan Warburton
- Posts: 7920
- Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 am
Re: Jacques Rivette
Seems we'll have to wait a bit longer for the already several times delayed DVD release of Out 1. Will have to put up with that fuzzy Italian TV rip download until then, sigh.
http://www.paristransatlantic.com
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais
-
Dan Warburton
- Posts: 7920
- Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 am
Re: Jacques Rivette

Guess what I found in my mailbox! Yay! (Had forgotten I'd pre-ordered it eight months ago...)
Booklet's all in German though, gaaah
Amazingly good value at €49 through German Amazon. But of course it won't be long before it's karagarglable
http://www.paristransatlantic.com
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais
-
Dan Warburton
- Posts: 7920
- Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 am
Re: Jacques Rivette

I've just spent more or less the entire weekend watching both Noli me tangere and Spectre (for the second time, this). Bref, I have to spend some time going through my notes - I marked down timings of shots for both films, and now have to establish a chronology (of sorts) for Noli me tangere, before working out how he edited it into Spectre.. Some very surprising reorderings / omissions..
FWIW, my thoughts are as follows: re the film(s) it(them)self(ves) - these are HUGE works, absolutely worthy of comparison with - take your pick - Alexanderplatz, Der Ring, Proust, Joyce, whatever.
Re the German DVD: well, rejoice that this is finally out and available, but there are numerous fuckups. The aspect ratio for the last two episodes of Noli is different from the others, the English subtitles are shoddy - plenty of dumb typos, huge gaps when the dialogue is dense (but any native French speaker could have transcribed it - shit, I'm bad at French but I got it), and a number of glitches which give the impression that the people who did the titles (or who were commissioned to do so) didn't give a fuck about accuracy.. "Millie" instead of "Emilie"??!! Appalled.
So I suppose we should applaud - this is finally out, and I commend it wholeheartedly - but live in hope, one day, of a decent (Criterion?) edition.
http://www.paristransatlantic.com
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais
-
Lao Tsu Ben
- Posts: 505
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:21 am
Re: Jacques Rivette
I was going to say that the only difference is that they didn't require the same amount of work, but I'm not sure it's an useful comment. Don't want to sound finicky, but it's perhaps 30 years that Joyce spent on both Ulysses and Finnegans Wake. Not to speak of Proust! Don't write novels, make films!Dan Warburton wrote:these are HUGE works, absolutely worthy of comparison with - take your pick - Alexanderplatz, Der Ring, Proust, Joyce, whatever.
