Anyone Dig Boardwalk Empire?

Not the stuff on your shower tiles.

Moderator: surfer

Lao Tsu Ben
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:21 am

Re: Anyone Dig Boardwalk Empire?

Post by Lao Tsu Ben »

dialectics of shit wrote:Luck is great, real shame it got cancelled.
It didn't do anything for me, I don't usually enjoy needlessly complicated plots, made all the more blurry through show-offy use of an impervious lingo. But perhaps it is my command of the English language which is at fault here. And a horse falling in slow-motion to some Max Richter's tune is really something I don't need to see. I love most of Michael Mann's works (mainly the later ones in fact), but I'm under the impression that all those "prestigious" tv series produced by directors who often merely direct the pilot is obviously a marketing fallacy. I also haven't seen anything very enticing coming from Martin Scorsese for a long time to return to the subject of this thread. He seems much more interested in winning Oscars than in making films.

User avatar
MRS
Posts: 2800
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 9:56 am

Re: Anyone Dig Boardwalk Empire?

Post by MRS »

Lao Tsu Ben wrote:I love most of Michael Mann's works (mainly the later ones in fact), but I'm under the impression that all those "prestigious" tv series produced by directors who often merely direct the pilot is obviously a marketing fallacy.
I mostly agree with this, not your first point, but in such context. Only (sadly) caught the pilot, directed by Mann. Kevin Dunn was a highlight, I called the outlier in his superfecta the minute the ticket/angle was revealed, great stuff. Again, Michael Mann making a show based at Santa Anita is something out of a daydream, just not that good and indeed prestigious especially w/Milch. BTW Miami Vice just started from the outset this past Monday on Centric, 2 episodes at 9am & 10am EST weekdays, perfect DVR dead time.