Well, suppose you could have Jon, but I'll take you up on your offer anyway. The book I'm halfway through now, The Age Of Movies, which is a kind of best of culled from I Lost It At The Movies through to Movie Love, is a good read, if a little uneven. But oddly enough, things I remember disliking a few years ago - her take on The French Connection, for example - I find myself agreeing with now. And even if I don't (I thoroughly enjoyed Petulia a couple of weeks ago, but can see why she disliked it so much - and she's got a bee in her bonnet about Kubrick), she was a great writer.jon abbey wrote:you should start a Kael thread, I keep one of her anthologies in the bathroom for months at a time and find something quotable pretty much every time.
The one area where I think she comes unstuck is trying - well, not trying, actually - to make a distinction between what she calls "trash" and "art" (though I think she's spot on at the beginning of Section X of that piece).
If I can get my nose out of Karagarga I'll try and dig up some choice quotes. Maybe you could too, Jon.
