Possession (Zulawski, 1981) new print [promo; LA & NYC]

Not the stuff on your shower tiles.

Moderator: surfer

Post Reply
User avatar
free math
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Possession (Zulawski, 1981) new print [promo; LA & NYC]

Post by free math »

(I don't think I've seen this mentioned here, and if this really belongs in IHP then we can move it...)
Image
A good friend of mine has had a new 35mm print made, and is bringing this film to North America for the first time in its full gore and glory. (The original release here was bastardized and chopped down to like 2/3rds its length.) It's had a run at the Film Forum in New York, and shows at Cinefamily in Los Angeles starting next week, and will be coming back to NYC after that, I think. Supposed to be a super-intense performance from Isabelle Adjani. Just putting the word out there, since it has gotten some praise here.
http://www.cinefamily.org/films/andrzej ... 5mm-print/
http://www.filmforum.org/movies/more/an ... possession

qasida-épopteia
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Possession (Zulawski, 1981) new print [promo; LA & NYC]

Post by qasida-épopteia »

sad i missed this.

I think his L'important C'est D'aimer is an exceptional and underrated picture. Delerue's score in that, is really somethin else.

User avatar
johnson
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:43 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Possession (Zulawski, 1981) new print [promo; LA & NYC]

Post by johnson »

Brilliant film, I'd love to see it on 35mm.

Return to “I Hate Film”