j-p

Re: Now Playing

Post by j-p »

Marty Robbins - Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs

It's great.

lao

Post by lao »

Last edited by lao on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MRS

Post by MRS »

. . .after 3 years' search [Vladimir Sofronitsky/Scriabin Recital]:

Piano Mouth

Post by Piano Mouth »

Sao Paulo Underground - Sauna: Um Dois Tres

This really made my day a lot better.

MRS

Post by MRS »

Excellent on the drone end:

Piano Mouth

Post by Piano Mouth »

Been playing this one a lot, a lot.

Andrea Neumann & Toshimaru Nakamura - ATON

Hayao Yamaneko

Post by Hayao Yamaneko »

Winter & post-birthday slump leavened by indulgence in the fragile fuck you of Harvey Milk's revisionist Brian Wilson take on doom machismo.

Piano Mouth

Post by Piano Mouth »

Played today:

Sonic Youth - EVOL
Cat Power - The Greatest
Alice Coltrane - Translinear Light
Tim Hardin - I
Tim Hardin - II
Ab-Soul - These Days

yonhosago

Post by yonhosago »

classically trained

dialectics of shit

Post by dialectics of shit »

Piano Mouth

Post by Piano Mouth »

Sonar - Static Motion

Wombatz

Post by Wombatz »

Chion never clicks with me elsewhere, but this is swell (is it from before he studied bad movies?) ... maybe a bit much saloon piano for a single sitting, yet this is rubberband concrete that holds together well/sounds fresh today.

schiksalgemeinschaft

Post by schiksalgemeinschaft »

Nick Drake's death will be 40 years ago in a few days. One of my favorite artists ever, and one of the very, very few who I've been listening to on a regular basis for the last 10 years.

It might seem superfluous or a stupid idea, but Gareth Dickson has made a cover album with his favorite Drake songs. It is utterly beautiful & emotional. It hasn't left my cd player for 3 days.

The bandcamp page doesn't play all the tracks, but it'll give you an idea. If I'm not mistaken the physical cd is limited to 300 copies, so don't sit on it if you're interested.

http://inpartmaint.bandcamp.com/album/wraiths

Or go by 'Pink Moon' first, if you don't have that, of course.

Gil Sansón

Post by Gil Sansón »

I've been playing Drake's Peel sessions lately, short and sweet (just five songs, Time of No Reply, River Man, Three Hours, Bryer Layter and Cello Song), and the playing and singing is A+. Also, without the arrangements these songs sound so much better to my ears, even loving the original string arrangement for River Man (beautifully Ravelian, much more refined than the other arrangements in Five Leaves Left) myself quite a bit. Huge Drake fan myself, only have a problem with Bryer Layter, the rest is pure gold to me.

schiksalgemeinschaft

Gil Sansón wrote:I've been playing Drake's Peel sessions lately, short and sweet (just five songs, Time of No Reply, River Man, Three Hours, Bryer Layter and Cello Song), and the playing and singing is A+. Also, without the arrangements these songs sound so much better to my ears, even loving the original string arrangement for River Man (beautifully Ravelian, much more refined than the other arrangements in Five Leaves Left) myself quite a bit. Huge Drake fan myself, only have a problem with Bryer Layter, the rest is pure gold to me.
are those released somewhere in physical form?

Piano Mouth

Post by Piano Mouth »

nice autumn music

Gil Sansón

Post by Gil Sansón »

schiksalgemeinschaft wrote:
Gil Sansón wrote:I've been playing Drake's Peel sessions lately, short and sweet (just five songs, Time of No Reply, River Man, Three Hours, Bryer Layter and Cello Song), and the playing and singing is A+. Also, without the arrangements these songs sound so much better to my ears, even loving the original string arrangement for River Man (beautifully Ravelian, much more refined than the other arrangements in Five Leaves Left) myself quite a bit. Huge Drake fan myself, only have a problem with Bryer Layter, the rest is pure gold to me.
Probably as a bootleg, not sure, actually. I just heard it on mp3, a friend send me a download link, but the folder says Nick Drake, rhe John Peel Session (2014), which makes me think it's a recent release. Can't buy records anymore living in Venezuela...

schiksalgemeinschaft

Gil Sansón wrote:
schiksalgemeinschaft wrote:
Probably as a bootleg, not sure, actually. I just heard it on mp3, a friend send me a download link, but the folder says Nick Drake, rhe John Peel Session (2014), which makes me think it's a recent release. Can't buy records anymore living in Venezuela...
Found it, it was released on vinyl this year, as a companion to a book about Drake, but not as a stand-alone release. It is available to buy as 320kbps mp3s online in various places. Indeed excellent, thanks for the tip!! (Although there's a bit of a hiss on the recordings, I would have thought that to be a bit better in a Peel session.)

Bryter Layter was my least favorite as well, but it has grown on me.

Return to “I Hate Music”