Last song you had on repeat for more then 10 times?

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

user_691

Last song you had on repeat for more then 10 times?

Post by user_691 »

The Coughs - Garter Snake

i kiiled a snake tooday, i kiiled a snake tooday

cleanzero

Post by cleanzero »

Gerry Mitchell & Little Sparta-Feasting On My Heart
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

user_333

Post by user_333 »

Thieves Like Me: "Alone Again (Naturally)"

user_60

Post by user_60 »

Probably something by Nirvana, in the early 90s.

jon abbey

Post by jon abbey »

nothing ever.

_duif

Post by _duif »

jon abbey wrote:nothing ever.
i'd go nuts, no matter what song

user_294

Post by user_294 »

the dumb-ass riff (first 30 secs) that opens up 'cast off crown' on the new deerhoof, and subsequentially the rest of the track

hatta

Post by hatta »

Once when I was in high school at a debate tournament at the University of Puget Sound, I put on 'Strawberry Fields Forever' in the jukebox in the student commons at least 8 times. Then we left the room. We just had to see the aftermath so we came back about 20 minutes or so later, to see some jocks physically assaulting the jukebox as John offered to take them down one more time. Good times.
"Please everybody, if we haven't done what we could have done, we've tried"

michael

Post by michael »

clipse - momma im sorry

dave quam

Post by dave quam »

nothing ever.
pshh, yeah right. what about dirty ridin

snailed

Post by snailed »

Sometimes I'll put on one unobtrusive track on repeat while I sleep. I think last week I slept for like 12 hours and listened to Norbert Moslang's "Capture" that many times. Sometimes I do the same thing with "Strumming Music" by Charlemagne Palestine. Mostly I do this to keep out the noise in my house, I'm a pretty light sleeper.

free math

Post by free math »

maybe not ten times, but tim mcgraw - "just to see you smile"
snailed wrote:Sometimes I'll put on one unobtrusive track on repeat while I sleep. I think last week I slept for like 12 hours and listened to Norbert Moslang's "Capture" that many times. Sometimes I do the same thing with "Strumming Music" by Charlemagne Palestine. Mostly I do this to keep out the noise in my house, I'm a pretty light sleeper.
once i listened to charlemagne palestine's "schlingen-blangen" on repeat for three days straight while driving through the desert

jon abbey

Post by jon abbey »

dave quam wrote:
nothing ever.
pshh, yeah right. what about dirty ridin
ridin' dirty (paul wall version), probably not even 3 times straight.

chris himself

Post by chris himself »

I never do this either.

sound plague

Post by sound plague »

Once myself and a friend of mine in a fit of sadomasochism listened to Shaun Mullin's "Rockabye" 30 times in a row. We listened to it once for every volume level on the stereo.

The effects of repetition were exacerbated by the increasing volume level. By the end of it we were different people who no longer cared for or loved anything.

Dark times. :evil:

user_548

Post by user_548 »

sound plague wrote:Once myself and a friend of mine in a fit of sadomasochism listened to Shaun Mullin's "Rockabye" 30 times in a row. We listened to it once for every volume level on the stereo.

The effects of repetition were exacerbated by the increasing volume level. By the end of it we were different people who no longer cared for or loved anything.

I would assume that once the clipping sets in the song actually gets better.

sound plague

Post by sound plague »

angrymice wrote:
sound plague wrote:Once myself and a friend of mine in a fit of sadomasochism listened to Shaun Mullin's "Rockabye" 30 times in a row. We listened to it once for every volume level on the stereo.

I would assume that once the clipping sets in the song actually gets better.
Yes and no.

user_19

Post by user_19 »

"Strumming Music" X 10 would be a pretty nice day I think.

user_294

Post by user_294 »

i tried sleeping to 'strumming music' once but ended up just being irritated/wired by the monotony of it. was unable to sleep and unable to enjoy the fluctuations in the attack sounds, playing it at a low volume. just dozing uncomfortably in the surface tones. maybe more affecting at moderate-high volume

snailed

Post by snailed »

Oh man. Nightmarish. The worst part would be him going "ev-er-y-things gonna be allllright, rockabye". It's like he's taunting you. No, everything is not going to be alright! :twisted:
misc frank wrote: i tried sleeping to 'strumming music' once but ended up just being irritated/wired by the monotony of it. was unable to sleep and unable to enjoy the fluctuations in the attack sounds, playing it at a low volume. just dozing uncomfortably in the surface tones. maybe more affecting at moderate-high volume
Hmm, I actually listen at a pretty low volume, so it just covers whatever sounds I want to shut out. Usually I can barely hear it. That monotony is kind of what I look for in good sleeping music. Or at least something with verrrrrry sllllooowww changes. (Adnos I and II by Eliane Radigue are two other good pieces I've probably listened to more than 10 times during a long sleep, although I can't sleep to the third one.)

I just like a volume where I mostly hear the swirling upper harmonics, so I can barely hear the attack. If I can hear a lot of variation it distracts me. Just a nice blank canvas of white noise is good too. When I've listened at a medium to high volume I've gotten irritated and I end up turning it off. I like having a bit of background noise get in, but able to shut out the noise from elsewhere in the house.

But yeah I'm usually in a good mood when I wake up for the day - especially after a nice long sleep.

Return to “I Hate Music”