Forthcoming releases of note

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

Post Reply
User avatar
grisha
home and family entertainment
Posts: 2860
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Israel

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by grisha »

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =390211848" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false;
I was going to be a neo-deconstructivist but mom wouldn't let me.
http://soundcloud.com/mites

User avatar
kangaroo?
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:44 pm
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by kangaroo? »

anyone heard the new releases on Sedimental ?

KYLE BOBBY DUNN - FRAGMENTS & COMPOSITIONS
RICCARDO DILLON WANKE - CAVES

User avatar
Brian Olewnick
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by Brian Olewnick »

Brian Olewnick wrote:One listen to each, I liked the Cordier/Mieville, wasn't too high on the Guionnet/Murayama.
After subsequent listens....Enjoyed the Cordier/Mieville greatly, especially the main piece. The remixes were fine also though I think the disc on the whole would've worked better with the single track; as is often the case for me, the remixes have something of an add-on feel.

I liked the Guionnet/Murayam much more on further listens; the first track is very strong, more due to Murayama for my bucks, some really good work. Other track was OK, nothing remarkable.

Both worth hearing, though.

User avatar
Richard Pinnell
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: Oxfordshire, England
Contact:

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by Richard Pinnell »

Brian Olewnick wrote:[After subsequent listens....Enjoyed the Cordier/Mieville greatly, especially the main piece. The remixes were fine also though I think the disc on the whole would've worked better with the single track; as is often the case for me, the remixes have something of an add-on feel.
I agree, though the remixes are kind of handy if you are putting together a radio show :)

I'm assuming you've heard Cordier's Osorezan Brian?

User avatar
Brian Olewnick
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by Brian Olewnick »

Richard Pinnell wrote:
I'm assuming you've heard Cordier's Osorezan Brian?
Nope, I'm well behind in my Cordier listening.

User avatar
Yii
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Paju, Korea
Contact:

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by Yii »

Image
Häpna wrote:"Dreaming the same dreams, not knowing of each other. Invoking old times at new places, side by side, not knowing of each other. Longing for yearning; light of dawn and midday sun. A world which lets itself be sensed, not known; the first light of your rosy-fingered youth; birches and concrete, touch and go.

The new album by Swedish group Tape is a luminarium of sound where past and present merge at the speed of light."

Tape is the trio of Andreas Berthling, Johan Berthling and Tomas Hallonsten from Stockholm, Sweden. This is their fourth album and it was recorded in their Summa studio in Stockholm.

Bio:

Swedish trio Tape was set up in 2000 by brothers Andreas and Johan Berthling with Tomas Hallonsten. Taking cues both from pop, experimentalism, and minimalism their sound has become recognized internationally and is clearly something of its own. Their first album Opera was released on the Häpna imprint (which Johan is a co-owner of) in 2002. Working intuitive, all by themselves, they created mini symphonies out of electronic sounds paired with a stunning melodic lyricism. With an array of electronic and acoustic instruments at hand they recorded at a small stone barn on the island of Öland, east of Sweden. 2003 saw the release of Milieu, recorded at the very same barn. These recordings had a more arranged feeling and a clear pop sensibility in some parts. In 2005 they went to Cologne to have Marcus Schmickler produce and record their third album Rideau. This was done in his Piethopraxis studio in Cologne and his involvement left traces; an almost architectonical approach was taken and some of the intimacy that characterized the first two albums were replaced by a harder edge.

In 2006 they collaborated with Japanese duo Tenniscoats on their album Tan–Tan Therapy (Häpna 2007). The same year they recorded in Tokyo with Japanese quartet Minamo, which resulted in the record Birds of a feather (HEADZ 2007).

In the years, their touring has taken them to places like Japan, Taiwan, USA and most parts of Europe.


Tracks: 1. Beams, 2. Moth Wings, 3. Fingers, 4. Reperto, 5. Mystery Mutiny, 6. Dripstone, 7. Altamira, 8. Parade, 9. Illuminations, 10. Beams Out
No work tomorrow to work today.

User avatar
rlrds
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:48 pm

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by rlrds »

Yii wrote:Image
Häpna wrote:"Dreaming the same dreams, not knowing of each other. Invoking old times at new places, side by side, not knowing of each other. Longing for yearning; light of dawn and midday sun. A world which lets itself be sensed, not known; the first light of your rosy-fingered youth; birches and concrete, touch and go.

The new album by Swedish group Tape is a luminarium of sound where past and present merge at the speed of light."

Tape is the trio of Andreas Berthling, Johan Berthling and Tomas Hallonsten from Stockholm, Sweden. This is their fourth album and it was recorded in their Summa studio in Stockholm.

Bio:

Swedish trio Tape was set up in 2000 by brothers Andreas and Johan Berthling with Tomas Hallonsten. Taking cues both from pop, experimentalism, and minimalism their sound has become recognized internationally and is clearly something of its own. Their first album Opera was released on the Häpna imprint (which Johan is a co-owner of) in 2002. Working intuitive, all by themselves, they created mini symphonies out of electronic sounds paired with a stunning melodic lyricism. With an array of electronic and acoustic instruments at hand they recorded at a small stone barn on the island of Öland, east of Sweden. 2003 saw the release of Milieu, recorded at the very same barn. These recordings had a more arranged feeling and a clear pop sensibility in some parts. In 2005 they went to Cologne to have Marcus Schmickler produce and record their third album Rideau. This was done in his Piethopraxis studio in Cologne and his involvement left traces; an almost architectonical approach was taken and some of the intimacy that characterized the first two albums were replaced by a harder edge.

In 2006 they collaborated with Japanese duo Tenniscoats on their album Tan–Tan Therapy (Häpna 2007). The same year they recorded in Tokyo with Japanese quartet Minamo, which resulted in the record Birds of a feather (HEADZ 2007).

In the years, their touring has taken them to places like Japan, Taiwan, USA and most parts of Europe.


Tracks: 1. Beams, 2. Moth Wings, 3. Fingers, 4. Reperto, 5. Mystery Mutiny, 6. Dripstone, 7. Altamira, 8. Parade, 9. Illuminations, 10. Beams Out
Hi, new here at IHM. Does anyone know who distributes HEADZ in the US? Specifically this collaboration between Tape and Minamo?
And has anyone heard it, is it as good as I am imagining it to be really nice?

User avatar
i am the cheese
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:29 am
Location: in the imagination of the imaginer

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by i am the cheese »

eric weddle wrote:Reissues of A Handful of Dust on No Fun.
Thanks for the heads-up, Eric. Does No Fun have a website? I tried http://www.nofunrecords.com" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false; with disappointing result.

I'd like to know more about these reissues!

tadk
Posts: 678
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 11:24 pm

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by tadk »

i am the cheese wrote: Thanks for the heads-up, Eric. Does No Fun have a website?
http://www.nofunproductions.com/

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by jon abbey »

rlrds wrote:Hi, new here at IHM. Does anyone know who distributes HEADZ in the US? Specifically this collaboration between Tape and Minamo?
And has anyone heard it, is it as good as I am imagining it to be really nice?
HEADZ don't care about US distribution, or anywhere outside of Japan. I distribute some of their titles, but it's never easy getting discs from them (it takes my wife writing them in Japanese, and even that usually takes multiple mails over time), and I haven't stocked this one yet. you could order it from Ontonson (HEADZ' store) directly, ontonson.com, that's probably your best shot (although not really a sure thing). I haven't heard it myself, not a fan of either of those groups.

labrat
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 7:41 am

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by labrat »

russell haswell has a "SECOND LIVE SALVAGE" out at the end of the month..the first was magnificent!

User avatar
i am the cheese
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:29 am
Location: in the imagination of the imaginer

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by i am the cheese »

tadk wrote:
i am the cheese wrote: Thanks for the heads-up, Eric. Does No Fun have a website?
http://www.nofunproductions.com/
Thanks tadk!

I checked the site, but info on the Handful of Dust.
Can anyone help me out?

User avatar
kangaroo?
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:44 pm
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by kangaroo? »

i am the cheese wrote:
tadk wrote:
i am the cheese wrote: Thanks for the heads-up, Eric. Does No Fun have a website?
http://www.nofunproductions.com/
Thanks tadk!

I checked the site, but info on the Handful of Dust.
Can anyone help me out?
nofunproductions.com wrote:Next Planned Releases: Emeralds CD, Dan Burke+Thomas Dimunzio CD,Dino Felipe CD, Menstruation Sisters LP,Greg Kelley LP and more...
I suspect the Handful of Dust reissues are included in the "and more..." part of that sentence, among others. no fun releases quite a few records these days, but still i wouldn't expect to see these coming out before autumn/early winter

User avatar
c_sns
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by c_sns »

labrat wrote:russell haswell has a "SECOND LIVE SALVAGE" out at the end of the month..the first was magnificent!

I'm very excited about this. Double LP!

Mego is also doing a Z'ev/Pita CD and the new Prurient!

User avatar
Yii
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Paju, Korea
Contact:

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by Yii »

Image
saya takashi - ueno - tetsuya umeda - ikuro takahashi - moere, majikick

ryu hankil(clockworks) + katsuaki Iiida(reading poetry), manual
i don't care his recordings but this unit quite interesting indeed. .
No work tomorrow to work today.

User avatar
Dohol
Posts: 2885
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:47 pm
Location: In the heart of the evil empire..
Contact:

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by Dohol »

Not a recording, looking foward nonetheless. I've got it preordered..

Image
“In a kind of middle-aged crisis, it dawned upon me that there was a possibility that music might not even be an art form.”

Morton Feldman


http://soundcloud.com/doug-holbrook

User avatar
jon abbey
Posts: 19017
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by jon abbey »

Dohol wrote:Not a recording, looking foward nonetheless. I've got it preordered..

Image
excerpt from this in last week's New Yorker, good stuff. you know it's non-fiction and literally a running memoir, right?

User avatar
Dohol
Posts: 2885
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:47 pm
Location: In the heart of the evil empire..
Contact:

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by Dohol »

jon abbey wrote:
Dohol wrote:Not a recording, looking foward nonetheless. I've got it preordered..

Image
excerpt from this in last week's New Yorker, good stuff. you know it's non-fiction and literally a running memoir, right?

Yeah, I read an excerpt in the Guardian last week. I don't run as much as Murakami, but I do run, so I'm interested in his experience...
“In a kind of middle-aged crisis, it dawned upon me that there was a possibility that music might not even be an art form.”

Morton Feldman


http://soundcloud.com/doug-holbrook

User avatar
vomir
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by vomir »

yoshida / nakamura erstwhile
haino / akita victo
HNW / SHITFOLK / BADNOISE
http://www.decimationsociale.com

User avatar
palfoot
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by palfoot »

new grouper record on type

Image

and it's much more straightforward than her previous outings.
i guess she just wanted to release herself from all those ghostly murmurs and hisses. :?

Return to “I Hate Music”