Forthcoming releases of note

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

tadk

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by tadk »

Jesse wrote:
Dan Warburton wrote:Some gems amongst those titles, too.
Real Progress Lies In Learning To Be Wrong
after reading all those titles, one does not have to listen to the music :)

Richard Pinnell

Post by Richard Pinnell »

Yii wrote:Image
ふいご(Fuigo) CD
Toshihiro Koike (trombone) Nakao Kanji (sax,cl) Takero Sekijima (tuba)
and
upcoming recordings from Ninzu (Takahiro Hirama + Takefumi Naoshima)

sadly, there's any release notes in english.
Yi I need to get onto the same mailing lists as you!

These sound interesting

treble ahead

Post by treble ahead »

The Art Breaker CD is meant to be their take on grindcore as opposed to Metal Music Machine that was, I don't know, power metal? You can't really trust the release date for most Smalltown stuff though, I think this was supposed to be released over a year ago. That said, I've seen it in local stores now so I take it international folks will get hold of it soon.

bryan

Post by bryan »

jon abbey wrote:
cleanzero wrote:Curious about the Toshimaru Nakamura/Mitsuhiro Yoshimura duo
where did you hear about that? Yoshimura does plan to do a duo disc of these two on his label, I heard some recordings from a couple of weeks ago which were pretty strong.
Well, now! I was hoping for this match up.

Dohol

Post by Dohol »

Richard Pinnell wrote:
ふいご(Fuigo) CD
Toshihiro Koike (trombone) Nakao Kanji (sax,cl) Takero Sekijima (tuba)
and
upcoming recordings from Ninzu (Takahiro Hirama + Takefumi Naoshima)

sadly, there's any release notes in english.
Yi I need to get onto the same mailing lists as you!

These sound interesting
What I need is Yi's record collection.. :lol:
“In a kind of middle-aged crisis, it dawned upon me that there was a possibility that music might not even be an art form.”

Morton Feldman

http://soundcloud.com/doug-holbrook

Yii

Post by Yii »

Sawako - Bitter Sweet
12k/LINE wrote:New York/Tokyo based Sawako is a musician, software designer, and multimedia artist whose multi-disciplinary works intermix and pollenate her music with inspiration ranging from nature, science, academia and poetic motion.

Following releases on Anticipate and And/Oar, Bitter Sweet is Sawako's 2nd release on 12k after the critically acclaimed Hum (12k1035) in 2005. Her music is fragile and intimate, delicate, ephemeral and resonant. Bitter Sweet is unmistakably Sawako but finds itself moving into much, much deeper territory than her previous works. Building on her past forays into experimental pop, she uses low and mid-frequency drones and soft, melodic highlights to shape beds of stripped-down, shifting into hypnotic and very linear tracks that fill the space they exist. Bitter Sweet is more drone and tonal based than Sawako's previous works. However, these gentle movements are punctuated by field recordings and acoustic instrumentation with cello provided by Jacob Kirkegaard and guitar by Radiosonde and Ryan Francesconi who also co-write two of the pieces on the album. In what has become a bit of a signature, Sawako lends her own voice to the ending lullaby "A Last Next." These combination produce rich results.

Bitter Sweet's diffuse and hazy soundscaping is Sawako's most mature work to date, relying less on her previous child-like melodies while remaining feminine and tender. She has come into her own after having established herself for a number of years as a New Yorker where she has tirelessly performed, studied and created as an important member of the city's electronic music community.

Bitter Sweet is packaged in a 6-panel digipack with photography throughout by Brooklyn-based artist and photographer Maki Kaoru.
is it worth to grab? :roll:
No work tomorrow to work today.

Salty Swift

Post by Salty Swift »

Sawako - Bitter Sweet
12k/LINE wrote:New York/Tokyo based Sawako is a musician, software designer, and multimedia artist whose multi-disciplinary works intermix and pollenate her music with inspiration ranging from nature, science, academia and poetic motion.

Following releases on Anticipate and And/Oar, Bitter Sweet is Sawako's 2nd release on 12k after the critically acclaimed Hum (12k1035) in 2005. Her music is fragile and intimate, delicate, ephemeral and resonant. Bitter Sweet is unmistakably Sawako but finds itself moving into much, much deeper territory than her previous works. Building on her past forays into experimental pop, she uses low and mid-frequency drones and soft, melodic highlights to shape beds of stripped-down, shifting into hypnotic and very linear tracks that fill the space they exist. Bitter Sweet is more drone and tonal based than Sawako's previous works. However, these gentle movements are punctuated by field recordings and acoustic instrumentation with cello provided by Jacob Kirkegaard and guitar by Radiosonde and Ryan Francesconi who also co-write two of the pieces on the album. In what has become a bit of a signature, Sawako lends her own voice to the ending lullaby "A Last Next." These combination produce rich results.

Bitter Sweet's diffuse and hazy soundscaping is Sawako's most mature work to date, relying less on her previous child-like melodies while remaining feminine and tender. She has come into her own after having established herself for a number of years as a New Yorker where she has tirelessly performed, studied and created as an important member of the city's electronic music community.

Bitter Sweet is packaged in a 6-panel digipack with photography throughout by Brooklyn-based artist and photographer Maki Kaoru.
is it worth to grab? :roll:
Yes...grab it before the limited run is out!!
Loving the record for the past few days.....
"A little older, a little more confused"

Chromosome

Post by Chromosome »

Richard, I saw that on the page for Cathnor's Standard Series there is a mention of a forthcoming release by Keith Rowe called A Response to Treatise. Could you explain what is meant here in the title?

Richard Pinnell

line wrote:Richard, I saw that on the page for Cathnor's Standard Series there is a mention of a forthcoming release by Keith Rowe called A Response to Treatise. Could you explain what is meant here in the title?
The release when we finally get our acts together and get it out there will feature a CD of a great performance of Treatise, plus extensive notes and drawings that Keith made at the time referring to the particular concert, plus some additional notes written to make sense of it all. Keith considers the entire project to be a response to Cardew's work, hence the title. Its still a bit away from release, so more nearer the time.

skrobek

Post by skrobek »

- Masayuki Takayanagi Group - Live at Taro (Jinya Disc)

- Masayuki Takayanagi - Autumn Nocturne (Jinya Disc)

eric weddle

Post by eric weddle »

Reissues of A Handful of Dust on No Fun.

Not sure if is everything, from the Twisted Village debut, through the Corpus Hermeticum and Crank Automative albums, but, awesome clatter that a new wave of folks should dig.
http://family-vineyard.com" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false;

schiksalgemeinschaft

Post by schiksalgemeinschaft »

the new Diamanda Galas, since Defixiones was such a blast.

Charon

Post by Charon »

The new IHM comp!
Studious Avoidance - Badass electronic music

Fourier Transform

Post by Fourier Transform »

Aufgehoben: Khora
24th June 2008 on Holy Mountain.
It's their best yet.

tadk

Post by tadk »

Fourier Transform wrote: Aufgehoben: Khora
24th June 2008 on Holy Mountain.
It's their best yet.
i hope it's true - have you heard it ?
anyway a new Aufgehoben disc is always worth listening to

Fourier Transform

Post by Fourier Transform »

tadk wrote:i hope it's true - have you heard it ?
The band sent me an early version ages ago, although mine has 5 tracks and the final version only appears to have 4. I don't know how much difference there'll be between what I've heard and what will be released, but it's all very full-on and intense - less of the scratchy unresolved tension that was created in Anno Fauve, for instance. The last track, an unedited 28 minute improvisation, is relentless and exhausting.

MRS

Post by MRS »

Anyone have any early thoughts on the new Xing-Wu stuff?

Jean-Luc Guionnet/Seijiro Murayama -- Le Bruit Du Toit

Emmanuel Mieville/Eric Cordier -- Dispositif: Canal Saint-Martin

I have their two comps from a while back and they're great.

Richard Pinnell

MRS wrote:Anyone have any early thoughts on the new Xing-Wu stuff?

Jean-Luc Guionnet/Seijiro Murayama -- Le Bruit Du Toit

Emmanuel Mieville/Eric Cordier -- Dispositif: Canal Saint-Martin

I have their two comps from a while back and they're great.
I don't have the Guionnet / Murayama yet, but have read a lot of good things about it. I'll pick it up as soon as I see it.

Eric sent me a copy of the MIelville / Cordier and its pretty good. Its recordings made with about thirty microphones placed around one department of the Paris City Hall all mixed up together initially in a live situation on the first track, and then later in two remixes, one by each of the musicians. Lots of variety, plenty of familar sounds, (office noises, electronic machinery etc) along with quite a bit of more abstract material.

Brian Olewnick

Post by Brian Olewnick »

One listen to each, I liked the Cordier/Mieville, wasn't too high on the Guionnet/Murayama.

meadowphantasm

Post by meadowphantasm »

new harvey milk album

harvey milk "the pleaser/live pleaser" on vinyl

new endless boogie 2xlp

dennis wilson reissue