Forthcoming releases of note

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

jon abbey

Re: Forthcoming releases of note

Post by jon abbey »

Stephen wrote:
Table of the Elements mypsace page wrote:Guitar Series Volumes 3 & 4

Twelve limited-edition, single-sided LPs, pressed on clear vinyl, with laser-etched illustrations by UK artist Savage Pencil.

Contributors (alphabetically):

Oren Ambarchi
Ateleia and Benjamin Curtis
Belong
Andrew Burnes
Rhys Chatham
Collections of Colonies of Bees
David Daniell
Christian Fennesz
Thurston Moore
Jon Mueller
Stephen O’Malley
Lee Ranaldo
I imagine they will be horribly overpriced (you know, one sided vinyl is worth more) and probably all over the map, but sure to be a couple of gems in there.
three musicians who've recorded for Erst on that list, two are easy, can anyone get the third?

mudd
Site Admin

Post by mudd »

well there's the two gentleman and one of the residents of the haunted house. i assume that's who you mean?

m

jon abbey

Post by jon abbey »

yep, burnes would have stumped most people, ah well.

mudd
Site Admin

Post by mudd »

oh should i have waited? didn't mean to spoil the game.

it was a bit tricky because daniell played with haunted house some too, i thought. but not for the recordings session, clearly.

m

Richard Pinnell

Post by Richard Pinnell »

Jon Mueller playing guitar??

kangaroo?

Post by kangaroo? »

from his own (Mueller's) newsletter:
JON MUELLER
Strung
12"
Table of the Elements
Release date: June

"In Strung, Mueller doesn’t play the guitar; he scrambles its molecules. Laying down a photon-blast of sound, he initiates a relentless, rapid-pulse attack signal that summons wave upon wave of white noise. Think inexorable alien invasion – The Day the Earth Stood Still, with Lou Reed as Klaatu and Metal Machine Music as the message. Earth doesn’t stand a chance." - label info

This 12" is part of the new Table of the Elements Guitar Series of one-sided 12" records with etchings on the B-side by Savage Pencil. I do play the guitar on this, or should I say, the drums do...

mudd
Site Admin

Post by mudd »

wow that's a bad promo paragraph.

m

Richard Pinnell

Post by Richard Pinnell »

Pretty sue that's tongue in cheek... Jon has far more class than that.

mudd
Site Admin

Post by mudd »

oh quite possibly, though i don't know that it would have been him writing it.

m

kangaroo?

Post by kangaroo? »

should note that the bad bit comes courtesy of the label; but i still want to buy it

Salty Swift

Post by Salty Swift »

Stephen wrote:
Table of the Elements mypsace page wrote:Guitar Series Volumes 3 & 4

Twelve limited-edition, single-sided LPs, pressed on clear vinyl, with laser-etched illustrations by UK artist Savage Pencil.

Contributors (alphabetically):

Oren Ambarchi
Ateleia and Benjamin Curtis
Belong
Andrew Burnes
Rhys Chatham
Collections of Colonies of Bees
David Daniell
Christian Fennesz
Thurston Moore
Jon Mueller
Stephen O’Malley
Lee Ranaldo
I imagine they will be horribly overpriced (you know, one sided vinyl is worth more) and probably all over the map, but sure to be a couple of gems in there.
Hmm....I wonder if this could ever top the Lanthanides series from a few years back.....somehow doubt it....
"A little older, a little more confused"

Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Salty Swift wrote:
Hmm....I wonder if this could ever top the Lanthanides series from a few years back.....somehow doubt it....
Yeah I was thinking the same re: Guitar Series 1 & 2 as well, the list of names looks a bit more pedestrian than those earlier series(es).

Dan G

Post by Dan G »

Just heard about this yesterday, and am very much looking forward to it:

OGUN RECORDS
Are busy preparing the next Ogun issue, and are very pleased and excited to announce the awaited release of all the music recorded on Ogun by the legendary BLUE NOTES LOUIS MOHOLO-MOHOLO ~DUDU PUKWANA ~ JOHNNY DYANI AND CHRIS McGREGOR.
A box set with Blue Notes for Mongezi, 2 full length CDs with extra material from the double LP previous release OG001/002 Blue Notes in Concert ( OG220 ) with extra material from the live concert Blue Notes For Johnny ( OG532 ) extra material from the studio recording All of which have never been on CD before, plus the re-issue of Blue Notes Legacy formerly released as a CD OGCD007 which has been out of print for over a year., 5 CD BOX SET OGCD 024 - 028

Was supposed to be out last month, now slated for some time in June.

Yii

Post by Yii »

Alan Licht & Aki Onda - Everydays
Matthew Spencer, Brainwashed.com wrote:Debut collaboration of New York artists and long-time duo partners Alan Licht and Aki Onda, whose combined history connects artists straddling the pop and experimental worlds, including Fennesz, Loren Connors, Takemura Nobukazu, Lee Ranaldo, and Toriko Nujiko. In the past decade their montage-inspired solo work -- Licht's permutational guitar and tape pieces on Rabbi Sky and A New York Minute, Onda's field recording recontextualizations on Bon Voyage! and Ancient & Modern -- has co-existed with their experimental sound/visual projects Text of Light (Licht) and Cinemage (Onda).

Everydays is five grandly formed soundscapes that mix Onda's poetic/textural cassette sounds and the rhythmic/lyrical pull of Licht's guitar. Morphing from recognizable structures to dissonant hammered chunks and rapid cut-ups, the album perfectly weaves their signature applications of sound diaries, minimalism, grainy fidelity, looping and free blues into a dynamic and ambitious statement. Released by Headz in Japan.

"Exploring the limitations of an instrument can be more enlightening than obsessing about perfect tone or versatility. On Everydays, Onda and Licht use the button noise and trashcan fidelity of cassettes as a tool rather than a handicap. The results range from bucolic chatter to full on noise assault."

ふいご(Fuigo) CD
Toshihiro Koike (trombone) Nakao Kanji (sax,cl) Takero Sekijima (tuba)
and
upcoming recordings from Ninzu (Takahiro Hirama + Takefumi Naoshima)

sadly, there's any release notes in english.
No work tomorrow to work today.

joseghast

Post by joseghast »

Dan G wrote:Just heard about this yesterday, and am very much looking forward to it:

OGUN RECORDS
Are busy preparing the next Ogun issue, and are very pleased and excited to announce the awaited release of all the music recorded on Ogun by the legendary BLUE NOTES LOUIS MOHOLO-MOHOLO ~DUDU PUKWANA ~ JOHNNY DYANI AND CHRIS McGREGOR.
A box set with Blue Notes for Mongezi, 2 full length CDs with extra material from the double LP previous release OG001/002 Blue Notes in Concert ( OG220 ) with extra material from the live concert Blue Notes For Johnny ( OG532 ) extra material from the studio recording All of which have never been on CD before, plus the re-issue of Blue Notes Legacy formerly released as a CD OGCD007 which has been out of print for over a year., 5 CD BOX SET OGCD 024 - 028

Was supposed to be out last month, now slated for some time in June.
So this one is a must for me! I only have Blue Notes material in mp3 and it blew me away since first listen.

Thanks!

b-owen

Post by b-owen »

tadk wrote:two on sofa:
Marc Pichelin/Xavier Charles/Ivar Grydeland - About North of the North
Akiyama/Taxt/Lønning/Reinertsen - About Varianter av døde trær
good to hear, what i have on sofa are great great works.

Discriminate

Post by Discriminate »

Jazkamer - Art Breaker (Smalltown Supersound)

This should be out on 6/3/08

17 minutes, 58 tracks

jon abbey

Post by jon abbey »

Discriminate wrote:17 minutes, 58 tracks
ha, awesome. it might take longer to read the titles than to listen to the record:

http://www.discogs.com/release/1317809" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false;

Dan Warburton

Post by Dan Warburton »

Last edited by Dan Warburton on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.paristransatlantic.com
REISSUED! Eric La Casa / Jean-Luc Guionnet / Dan Warburton METRO PRE SAINT GERVAIS
https://swarming.bandcamp.com/album/met ... nt-gervais

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Dan Warburton wrote:Some gems amongst those titles, too.
Real Progress Lies In Learning To Be Wrong
http://crowwithnomouth.wordpress.com/

Experimental music should be something that suggests a way of organizing your thinking, your attitude toward the world, which suggests that the world could be different.
Christian Wolff 2014