Page 1 of 1

Avant Garde Project torrent 146 is up and running

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:38 pm
by loudav
Where has the avant-garde tuba been all my life??? Zdzislaw Piernik, the musician featured in this installment and AGP147, makes that elephantine instrument dance in ways I would never have thought possible. The result is in places more like electronic than acoustic music. There is some amazing stuff in both of these installments, so do not miss them.

The LPs transcribed for AGP146 and AGP147 are among the rarest to be included in the AGP--in three decades of foraging for used LPs, I've never seen copies of either of them at any price. They have been provided through the generosity of Mark Ellison. The LPs are both in excellent condition, but the LP transcribed for this installment is on the Polish Muza label (SX 1806), whose LPs I have found sometimes to suffer from tracking distortion. Fortunately, that is largely confined to momentary bits in the more explosive attacks, particularly in tracks 01 and 03. The rest has transcribed quite nicely. Be sure to compare tracks 04 and 05 with AGP28.

Check it out at: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4867880

Enjoy!

Re: Avant Garde Project torrent 146 is up and running

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:03 pm
by Salty Swift
loudav wrote:Where has the avant-garde tuba been all my life??? Zdzislaw Piernik, the musician featured in this installment and AGP147, makes that elephantine instrument dance in ways I would never have thought possible. The result is in places more like electronic than acoustic music. There is some amazing stuff in both of these installments, so do not miss them.

The LPs transcribed for AGP146 and AGP147 are among the rarest to be included in the AGP--in three decades of foraging for used LPs, I've never seen copies of either of them at any price. They have been provided through the generosity of Mark Ellison. The LPs are both in excellent condition, but the LP transcribed for this installment is on the Polish Muza label (SX 1806), whose LPs I have found sometimes to suffer from tracking distortion. Fortunately, that is largely confined to momentary bits in the more explosive attacks, particularly in tracks 01 and 03. The rest has transcribed quite nicely. Be sure to compare tracks 04 and 05 with AGP28.

Check it out at: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4867880

Enjoy!
WOW :!: :!: I'm in love :!: :!: Thanks :!: :!: :D

Re: Avant Garde Project torrent 146 is up and running

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:35 pm
by Adam Asnan
Gorgeous work.