Tilbury Treatise Workshop in Vancouver

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

User avatar
hatta
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 11:22 pm
Contact:

Post by hatta »

letchausen wrote: hatta, excellent writing, and good work. I'm happy that you took your long-term interest in the score and were able to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. I was at work both days but played some Tilbury to console myself. I wonder if anyone recorded the performance. This was a wonderful read and really gave me the feeling of being there. Thanks, perhaps I'll see you at the Improv fest coming up.......
Thanks for the comments Chris. I should mention that on Saturday morning I went to the Vancouver Art Gallery on your adivice and had a really good time there. They were showing three Canadian artists will a whole floor devoted to each. I listened to Tilbury's 'For Bunita Marcus', 'Palais de Mari' and later 'Tridadic Memories' as I walked around. Good times.

What are you planning to see at the improv fest? I'm gonna be super swamped at work for the next month or so, but I'd try to make it out to something really good.
"Please everybody, if we haven't done what we could have done, we've tried"

User avatar
MRS
Posts: 2800
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 9:56 am

Post by MRS »

thanks for all this Robert

user_240

Post by user_240 »

hatta, thank you very much for the report. the experience must be priceless.

User avatar
Joda
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 8:39 am
Contact:

Post by Joda »

Robert, excellent reports from the workshop and performance. It was a pleasure to be part of the ensemble. Just for the record, from my vantage point once I'd joined the audience, the radio discussion that you tuned in towards the end of 'Treatise' came through loud and clear. From what I could tell, they were going into explicit detail about the phenomena of female ejeculation induced by orgasm. Your decision to let this make its way into the piece was worthwhile, and rather hilarious.

ryan
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 11:45 am

Post by ryan »

disappointed I missed this, sounds like you guys had a great musical experience. killer radio grab robert! I hope tilbury comes back to the continent again at some point.

letchhausen
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:45 pm

Post by letchhausen »

hatta wrote: Thanks for the comments Chris. I should mention that on Saturday morning I went to the Vancouver Art Gallery on your adivice and had a really good time there. They were showing three Canadian artists will a whole floor devoted to each. I listened to Tilbury's 'For Bunita Marcus', 'Palais de Mari' and later 'Tridadic Memories' as I walked around. Good times.

What are you planning to see at the improv fest? I'm gonna be super swamped at work for the next month or so, but I'd try to make it out to something really good.
Well, I guess you didn't take my advice to score some smack and visit the city sponsored shooting galleries for some sterile works and head nodding good times. Then you coulda listened to Feldman's String quartet......

Ernesto Rodrigues is playing at the festival with Manual Mota and Leif Sundstrom from God is playing too, with Ernesto on the first night. So I'm probably going on Wednesday and Thursday night for sure. It's not optimal timing for my work situation since I just started a new job in a much more technical position, but I do start work later in the morning these days. However these are the best nights from my point of view. I'm looking forward to meeting Ernesto since I have bought so many Creative Sources CD's from him (his label). He sent me an email recently saying that he was freezing in Berlin, while the temperature might not kill him the crappy rain we're having ain't going to make our city seem too much better....

User avatar
hatta
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 11:22 pm
Contact:

Post by hatta »

Joda wrote:Robert, excellent reports from the workshop and performance. It was a pleasure to be part of the ensemble. Just for the record, from my vantage point once I'd joined the audience, the radio discussion that you tuned in towards the end of 'Treatise' came through loud and clear. From what I could tell, they were going into explicit detail about the phenomena of female ejeculation induced by orgasm. Your decision to let this make its way into the piece was worthwhile, and rather hilarious.
Thanks Joda, I'd love to hear more from the perspective inside your group. I'm glad the radio came through and I also thought it was pretty amusing, as well as providing a bit of a grit to contrast with the trio. One thing I should mention though, is that Ellen, the flautist, in my group told me afterwards that it totally pissed her off that I kept playing that find. She went on to say that when she reached the "angry" page 190 she channeled that anger into her playing and that she found that effective. So I guess it all worked out okay :)
"Please everybody, if we haven't done what we could have done, we've tried"

User avatar
hatta
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 11:22 pm
Contact:

Post by hatta »

So one of the other members of the Ensemble posted a collection of pictures and (tiny) videos of the workshop and performance onto his website.

From his pictures here's one of the whole ensemble:

Image

and here's one of my trio:

Image
"Please everybody, if we haven't done what we could have done, we've tried"

User avatar
hatta
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 11:22 pm
Contact:

Post by hatta »

here's a good one of Joda :)

Image
"Please everybody, if we haven't done what we could have done, we've tried"

User avatar
Yii
Posts: 1847
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Paju, Korea
Contact:

Post by Yii »

thanks a lot, robert.
i'm totally shocked by watching the clips. dang, i wish i were in there. do you know where i get a whole recored *.avi file ?
No work tomorrow to work today.

User avatar
hatta
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 11:22 pm
Contact:

Post by hatta »

I'm dredging up this old thread as I finally got a copy of the recording of this. Additionally there was further delay due to my slack in converting it and then making a page for it. So here it is for those who were interested. Take note though that it is nearly 3 hours long and the mp3 is ~330Mb.

Treatise Workshop Page

I've also put in the report that I posted here and will eventually update it with some pictures. Nothing really new for those who read it here, but just a FYI.
"Please everybody, if we haven't done what we could have done, we've tried"

User avatar
Yii
Posts: 1847
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Paju, Korea
Contact:

Post by Yii »

hatta wrote:I'm dredging up this old thread as I finally got a copy of the recording of this. Additionally there was further delay due to my slack in converting it and then making a page for it. So here it is for those who were interested. Take note though that it is nearly 3 hours long and the mp3 is ~330Mb.

Treatise Workshop Page

I've also put in the report that I posted here and will eventually update it with some pictures. Nothing really new for those who read it here, but just a FYI.
*bump
No work tomorrow to work today.