i really like the latest, maybe more then PM. criticizing it for being unabrasive is kinda weird imo. it's pretty unabrasive, period, as a fact, not as a quality judgement. Silence is Sexy is indeed patchy, but it has some songs that are among their very best stuff, and a couple that are simply cream of the crop. i didn't think Ende Neu aged very well when i last heard it.Stevo wrote:They were certainly delivering live in 2004 as the show & their official bootleg proved.fearandpanic wrote:I thought they lost their way with Ende Neu. Silence Is Sexy is spotty, but I found myself enjoying it again recently more than I did when it came out.
I got a set from Hannover earlier this year that was pretty good though I can't remember the last time I played it.
I've seen differing views on the new one in various reviews. I think The Wire found it amazingly unabrasive and gave it a poor rating, & Mojo and Uncut liked it. dunno with them how tokenist their liking of a recognised entity like EN is though.
upcoming releases to look forward to
I have the first five of these in stock now, finally. it's amazing how slow shipping is between the UK and at least this area of the US, really ridiculous.tadk wrote:The Contest of Pleasures - Tempestuous (on Another Timbre)
other future releases on this label also look very interesting
http://www.anothertimbre.com/page5.html
-
user_5154
-
user_5154
Yeah probably. Justing having some fun. I greatly respect both those musicians.jon abbey wrote:with all due respect, that's one of the worst ideas that anyone has ever suggested to me.
I don't think they could work together if it were like "Sheer Hellish Miasma" style Drumm + single sine wave Sachiko M. Well maybe. We know Drumm can do quiet stuff. But yeah... I'm not going to continue rambling here about the two. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not as familiar with the two as I should be to make that request. (And if anyone's thinking of quoting that last sentence and saying some witty remark such as, "you got that right," just quit while you're ahead. I know I'm ignorant.)
Okay back to the topic:
I'm looking forward to hearing Fennesz's next solo album (if he does one).
I think Belong is working on an EP.
I wonder if Burial can do another album in the same style and get great reviews one more time.
The finished version of the new Brian Jonestown Massacre album currently known as "My Bloody Underground."
Touch just put out a CD single by him, 8 minutes of new music, details here:etbtc wrote:I'm looking forward to hearing Fennesz's next solo album (if he does one).
http://www.touchmusic.org.uk/" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false;
- eric weddle
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 10:30 pm
- Location: lafayette, indiana
- Contact:
Looking forward to:
Jim Haynes on Intransitive
Bhob Rainey/Jason Lescalleet on Erstwhile
Xiu Xiu - Women As Lovers on KRS
Kousokuya live DVD on PSF
Victrola Favorites: Artifacts from Bygone Days 2CD/Book on Dust to Digital
Gert-Jan Prins - Break Before Make on E.Mego
Surface of the Earth reissue on Fuestron (I hope!)
Jim Haynes on Intransitive
Bhob Rainey/Jason Lescalleet on Erstwhile
Xiu Xiu - Women As Lovers on KRS
Kousokuya live DVD on PSF
Victrola Favorites: Artifacts from Bygone Days 2CD/Book on Dust to Digital
Gert-Jan Prins - Break Before Make on E.Mego
Surface of the Earth reissue on Fuestron (I hope!)
http://family-vineyard.com" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false;
-
franz bieberkopf
- Posts: 642
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 9:33 pm
Nipples wrote:Xiu Xiu - Women as Lovers
Code: Select all
http://www.mediafire.com/?7eci9yyx1wy
Nipples wrote:Stephen Malkmus - Real Emotional Trash
Code: Select all
http://www.mediafire.com/?abdwty9hnnnNo work tomorrow to work today.
Hip Hop albums I'm psyched about for 2008:
New Clipse album
New Killer Mike album
lil Wayne - The Carter 3
Big Boi - Sir Luscious Left Foot
Bun B - 2 Trill
Peedi Crakk - Prince Of The Roc
ABN (Z-Ro & Trae) - It Is What It Is
E40 - Ball Street Journal
Mistah Fab's new one
Three Six Mafia - last 2 walk
Re-Up Gang album
New Clipse album
New Killer Mike album
lil Wayne - The Carter 3
Big Boi - Sir Luscious Left Foot
Bun B - 2 Trill
Peedi Crakk - Prince Of The Roc
ABN (Z-Ro & Trae) - It Is What It Is
E40 - Ball Street Journal
Mistah Fab's new one
Three Six Mafia - last 2 walk
Re-Up Gang album
-
user_294
http://www.thewire.co.uk/index.php?page ... rticle=522" onclick= "window.open(this.href);return false;misc frank wrote:a new autechre album in march
they have a couple tracks of this on an mp3 of a radio show. sounds pretty dope, even at 41 kbps
Excellent. I can now finally stop drooling over the thought of owning a few of these on vinyl. Is there a date set?tadk wrote: Harry Bertoia - Sonambient 5 CD Box
Just noticed here that there are two more planned for the Obscure Tape music of Japan series:
Vol. 7 - Joji Yuasa "Music for Experimental Films"
Vol. 8 - Toshi Ichiyanagi "Live Performance - Electronic Field"
-
user_5275


