RIP Cor Fuhler 1964 - 2020

The one and only.

Moderators: Antoine, niwi

Ricci

RIP Cor Fuhler 1964 - 2020

Post by Ricci »

Just today I came to know that Cor Fuhler - who I remember as a regular contributor here - passed away last July 19 after a lengthy illness (of which I was totally unaware).

Thus I thought it was appropriate to remember him in this place. RIP.

Ricci

Re: RIP Cor Fuhler 1964 - 2020

Post by Ricci »

Received a few hours ago from Jim Denley, Cor's friend and artistic collaborator:

"Cor had a ferocious struggle with alcoholism - many of us till recently didn’t know too much about this, but the last 4 years has been pretty tough.

Earlier this year he ended up in ICU for 4 weeks, and he was looking at being severely disabled, but he made a remarkable recovery. He had major problems with his hands though, but he was talking and walking, ad looking forward to going back to teaching - building a house in the Mountains west of Sydney.

But last week he was found dead in his house, and there were empty bottles of spirits in the bins and in the house. His body was too frail to deal with this.

Cor's funeral will be held at 9:25am AEST on Monday 3rd August at The Eastern Chapel of the Northern Suburbs Crematorium. Due to restrictions only 20 invited people are allowed to attend the funeral, however the service will be webcast.

Internationally this works out to be 1:25am in Berlin and Amsterdam, 8:25am in Tokyo, 11:25am in Auckland on Monday August 3rd, and 7:25pm in New York and Santiago on Sunday August 2nd.

I've attached the invitation with links below which you can forward to anyone you think might appreciate knowing.

Some friends of Cor's in the Splinter Orchestra have set up a paypal account for anyone who wishes to make a contribution to some of these associated costs and future costs of possibly needing to move, ship, store some of his instruments and scores.

There is absolutely no pressure to contribute, but some people have expressed that they would like to and have the means.
Please send any amount you wish in any currency to cormmemorations@gmail.com via paypal.

Much love and gratitude,
Jim, Laura and the Splinter family.

p.s. if paypal isn't your thing, let us know and we can find another way."

Link to the invitation to the online service:
https://admin.oneroomstreaming.com/emai ... 1fe5fdf14d

bryan

Post by bryan »

Sad to read this, but thank you so much for posting. I was just thinking of Cor's music the other day and how I appreciated his contributions here. Then I saw the recent contributions to the AMPLIFY 2020 bandcamp...

RIP Cor

Tributes from AMPLIFY 2020:

https://amplify2020.bandcamp.com/album/ ... uo-not-duo
https://amplify2020.bandcamp.com/album/ ... -july-2020

jon abbey

Post by jon abbey »

there are a bunch more Cor tribute pieces in the works for AMPLIFY also.

Return to “I Hate Music”