Search found 108 matches

by Hubajube
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:57 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: i hate dubstep
Replies: 98
Views: 26264

Re: i hate dubstep

The live Kode9 from 6 months or so ago is a great one.
by Hubajube
Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:21 am
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: Chicago stores
Replies: 4
Views: 1374

This is great info. Thanks for the tips.
by Hubajube
Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:05 am
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: Chicago stores
Replies: 4
Views: 1374

Chicago stores

I've been purchasing 95% of my music online over the past years, so I'm out of the loop when it comes to good b&m stores. Where should I buy music in Chicago? My tastes tend towards the noisier psych stuff--I find much of what I want at Aquarius.
by Hubajube
Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:24 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: freejazz+noiserock w/electronic elements (ala supersilent)
Replies: 25
Views: 4693

Re: freejazz+noiserock w/electronic elements (ala supersilen

danielwhiteside wrote:son of gunnar, ton of shel's self titled 2007 release is also in the vein of what i want: max/msp based free jazz.
I just got this. Very nice.
by Hubajube
Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:22 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: freejazz+noiserock w/electronic elements (ala supersilent)
Replies: 25
Views: 4693

misc frank wrote:
fearandpanic wrote:Definitely try Amplified Trio by Han Bennink, John Coxon & Ashley Wales (of Spring Heel Jack) on the Treader label. Rambunctious and fantastic.
damn this is good stuff
I had missed the new Treader releases too. What a surprise!
by Hubajube
Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:30 am
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: freejazz+noiserock w/electronic elements (ala supersilent)
Replies: 25
Views: 4693

Cuong Vu's It's Mostly Residual is more in the rock-influenced jazz camp than Supersilent. "Expressions of a Neurotic Impulse" is my favorite track on here and uses the sampling and looping of instruments you talked about. It starts off normally enough (except that the trumpet is doing the type of s...
by Hubajube
Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:01 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: Best Albums of 2007
Replies: 294
Views: 46479

27> Tarentel - Ghetto Beats on the Surface of the Sun This is a pretty great record. Listening to this alongside From Bone to Satellite you can see how much the band has changed over the course of their fairly short career. Of course, From Bone to Satellite also has the great atmospherics, just imp...
by Hubajube
Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:59 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: Best Albums of 2007
Replies: 294
Views: 46479

05> Valerio Cosi - And The Spiritual Committee 11> Valerio Cosi - Freedom Meditation Music (vol 1-3) Yup, these are excellent. What a promising young prolific genius of a dude Valerio has revealed himself to be. One of my best new discoveries in 2007. FMM Vol. III is my favorite. And part of what's...
by Hubajube
Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:57 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: Best Albums of 2007
Replies: 294
Views: 46479

the burial interview in the december wire made it pretty clear why the wire is so fond of burial. didn't give me any more insight for anyone else, though. oh well. For me, much of it comes from being an ex-raver. One place in Cleveland that had lots of parties had this blocked off back area in the ...
by Hubajube
Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: new discoveries this year
Replies: 66
Views: 8495

Heavy Winged
speed games (like this)
Lacinato kale and garlic sauteed in olive oil
Raw cabbage
by Hubajube
Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:18 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: Best Albums of 2007
Replies: 294
Views: 46479

01> The Holy See - Fucking Physics 02> Burning Star Core - Operator Dead...Post Abandoned 03> Birchville Cat Motel - Birds Call Home Their Dead 04> Magik Markers - Boss 05> Valerio Cosi - And The Spiritual Committee 06> Descension Yellow Swans 07> Aluk Todolo - Descension 08> RV Paintings - Trinity ...
by Hubajube
Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:28 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: upcoming releases to look forward to
Replies: 199
Views: 24833

matinee wrote:
tadk wrote: Supersilent: tba
Haha. I think it's a safe bet to say it's going to be "8"
Maybe not, it's getting reported as Supersilent 8-9 now.
by Hubajube
Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:56 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: Latter-day jazz
Replies: 91
Views: 13599

free math wrote:seems like every single person named in this thread has been around since the 60s. how about some non-senior citizens? yes, it's a struggle to come up with any, but i feel that there are some.
How about Cuong Vu? He was a few months old at the end of the 60's.
by Hubajube
Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:38 am
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: recent purchases: with a vengeance
Replies: 1605
Views: 173666

The Holy See - Fucking Physics They're a Tarentel side project. Tarentel doesn't hold my interest (except for half of We Move Through Weather). This is much closer to Yellow Swans style epic electronics & guitar noise, especially the first 25-min track. There isn't anything groundbreaking here, for ...
by Hubajube
Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:24 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: secret records of the year.
Replies: 149
Views: 17557

A few that I haven't heard mentioned much around here: Of - The Awful Cloud (darker and thicker than most Loren Chasse stuff) AlasNoAxis - Dogs of Great Indifference (to me, it sounds closer to that last Pachora disk than it does to the AlasNoAxis back catalog) Bonus - On Earth (the first track espe...
by Hubajube
Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:04 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: The Goslings
Replies: 59
Views: 10659

This year's Xinlisupreme was disappointing, but we have The Goslings to take over this niche.
by Hubajube
Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:57 am
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: The Top 10
Replies: 121
Views: 17193

01> Surgeon - Glade Festival 07.14.06 02> Birchville Cat Motel - Our Love Will Destroy The World 03> Kode 9 ft the Spaceape - Dubstep Allstars 3 04> Burial 05> The Goslings - Grandeur of Hair 06> Keith Fullerton Whitman - Lisbon 07> Grievous Angel - Dubstep Sufferah 08> Axolotl - Object Phantom 09> ...
by Hubajube
Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:49 am
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: The Top 10
Replies: 121
Views: 17193

resolved wrote:Villalobos - Fizheuer Zieheuer
I don't get all the love this one is getting. Sure, it's a great workable tool, but as something to listen to beginning to end, it's somewhat dry. It doesn't have the remarkable twists and turns that Achso or Chromosul had.
by Hubajube
Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:53 am
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: Now Playing: The Next Generation
Replies: 4639
Views: 471655

Sinking Infinities - Thousand-Year Reich http://www.volcanictongue.co.uk/images/unitedfairymoons/sinkinginfinitiestouch.jpg This is the best thing I've heard in the second half of the year. Three long tracks of distorted and otherwise effected cellos. There is such a great arc here, and the hectic p...
by Hubajube
Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:41 pm
Forum: I Hate Music
Topic: Last song you had on repeat for more then 10 times?
Replies: 646
Views: 437197

Brother Zoot wrote:Probably something by Nirvana, in the early 90s.
Ha! Me too. Probably trying to figure out the lyrics to Floyd The Barber or something.